April 2013 Moms
Options

Juice?

LO just pooped after 4 long days and it wasn't hard, but not runny. It was kinda the consitancy of tar but really dark army green in color. When I was changing her diaper she wasn't done and was trying to push more out and she was whimpering and it was obviously hurting to push it out . Is diluted apple or prune juice ok to give her at 7 weeks? I'm BF but also giving her soy formula due to possible milk protein sensitivity .....

Re: Juice?

• Options
    Dear god, no. Babies this young should never have anything other than breastmilk or formula. Their digestive systems can't handle anything else. If you're concerned, call your pediatrician.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Call your pedi. DS has been doing the same thing for a few weeks, but just the opposite. The beginning of his poop was harder for him to get out, then soft. And he would scream at first. Pedi said 1 oz apple or prune juice and 1 oz water 1-2 times a day, as needed. He was 9 weeks I think when we started.
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting that there is mixed answers. I was supplementing with formula from early on due to weight gain issues and switched to soy and cut dairy from my diet at the same time
  • Options
    My pedi prescribed lactulose. It worked within a day.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options
    my LO had the same problem and her pedi recommended prune or pear juice, just no more than 2 oz a day and not all at once. If we even get lazy and she only gets 1oz a day for a few days she instantly plugs up. in the baby aisles there's gerber juices
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My pediatrician told me that a BF baby can go up to seven days without pooping. I couldn't wait the sevend days because my LO seemed so uncomfortable that I bought gerber pear juice and gave her a little bit, the nurse told me that most likely that's what the doctor would tell me to do that anyways. The prune juice was a bit too much for me so I went with the pear. Within a few hours she pooped and clearly felt much better
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Umm, a child under 1 shouldn't have any juice at all. A child who is too young to start solids because their system can't handle them can't handle juice.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"