January 2013 Moms
Options

4mos wakeful lasting 2 months!

Am I the sole remaining Jan '13 mama still dealing with this? I've posted before on our sleep issues...just curious if anyone out there is still having major overnight sleeplessness in the 4 mos wakeful vein.

DD cannot stay asleep from midnight to 5am, up every hour. She is great at being put down for naps and bedtime drowsy but awake, but she cannot put herself back to sleep the MOTN between sleep cycles. Plus she is still nursing 2-3 x a night. Two months of this! When will it end?!! I never experienced anything like this with my first baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: 4mos wakeful lasting 2 months!

• Options
    It's still rough at my house.  Some nights are great, other's she's up every couple hours.  I don't know what the deal is.   Luckily, I don't have to nurse her, just replace the paci.  Over and over and over...
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same here...I think it has been over 2 months for us...sometimes he is only asleep for 20 minutes before I need to go back in there...He only has one bottle overnight, if any, but he wants his paci put in again and again...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought we might have been one of the lucky ones with this 4 month wakeful but it reared its ugly head a week ago and hasn't let up. She went from sleeping 8 hours uninterrupted to waking 4 times at night! Hoping it doesn't last too much longer :/.

• Options

Yup, but we started late (she really didn't start serious waking until until last week).  I swear she nursed all night last night.  We side-lay, so I pretty much sleep (kind of) the whole time, but sheesh.

• Options
    Nights are awful here still. DD wakes up at least every 2 hours every night and usually won't go back to sleep unless I nurse her. She'll be 5 months on Friday so I'm hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Options
    I'm not convinced it will ever end.  My babies just don't like to sleep.
  • Options

imageWild_flower25:
    It's still rough at my house.  Some nights are great, other's she's up every couple hours.  I don't know what the deal is.   Luckily, I don't have to nurse her, just replace the paci.  Over and over and over...

Same exactly! not eating at night anymore but she's just awake all the time at night! I put the paci back and she goes back down...for 1 hr max then we start over.  

• Options
    Sleep sucks here. DD is up every 23 hours. Sometimes every hour. She doesn't want food, she just can't get back to sleep. I pick her up and she is almost back to sleep again. Going out of my mind. i think I need to Ferberize her but I'm putting it off. I guess I think that she will one day soon miraculously STTN...wishful thinking right?
  • Options
    JJsMumJJsMum member
    It's still bad here too.  Although, I think we are finally on the tail end of things.  Our 4 month wakeful started at 3 months.  Last night was the first night since early April that we got 5 hrs of sleep (we had to go to bed at 8 to get it, but beggars can't be choosy).  Before he started this he was regularly giving us 8 hrs. If this keeps up we will have to work on getting him back into his crib.  It got so bad that we put him in the RnP just to get a couple of hours at a time.  On top of it all, he is still swaddled.  Oye, one more thing to work on!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member
    imageJandK4ever:
    Nights are awful here still. DD wakes up at least every 2 hours every night and usually won't go back to sleep unless I nurse her. She'll be 5 months on Friday so I'm hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel.

This, except he's 5.5 months. Also hoping for that light!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"