February 2012 Moms
Options

Would you have said something? Is this weird?

Sorry for being a PW today...

When I dropped DD off at daycare this morning, one of the workers tried to distract her pictures on her phone to make her stop screaming and crying.  The weird thing?  They were selfies she took of herself with my kid yesterday.  The really weird thing?  Yesterday was her VERY FIRST day EVER working at the daycare center, let alone with my child.  And now she has photos of her on her phone? 

I'm feeling bad about my decision to have called and said something to the daycare manager, but that really freaked me out.  When it was the day care workers she had been with for a long time, they'd text me pictures of her during the day... great, no prob.  But, a new girl with pictures of my kid?  Pictures she had no intention of sending to me?   Weird???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you have said something? Is this weird?

• Options
    imageWhimslie:
    I think it's weird. Maybe I'm kind of old-fashioned on this matter, but I don't see any need for someone like that to store photos of my child at all, much less on their personal phone. And I think a daycare center should have rules about cell phone usage and taking photos of kids. 
    Ditto 100%!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageWhimslie:
    I think it's weird. Maybe I'm kind of old-fashioned on this matter, but I don't see any need for someone like that to store photos of my child at all, much less on their personal phone. And I think a daycare center should have rules about cell phone usage and taking photos of kids. 

Totall agree...I would say something in a heartbeat, the daycare person should not have their own on them, it is a distraction and I would say something

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Caroline's teacher's and director send me pictures of her.  I don't mind and gave them my number specifically for that.  The director is also my neighbor.  If it was a new teacher I didn't know and they had pictures after 1 day I would be very put off.  I was a daycare teacher and I had pictures of my kids on my phone but they were also sent to the parents and I had each one's permission after they got to know me.  I would have said something also.
  • Options
    Um, I would be searching her name and checking to see if she posted them anywhere, like FB "First day of work, look at this cutie" kind of thing.  Not cool.
  • Options
    Hmmm...it is a little strange that she has them but did you sign something saying it was ok for the center to take her picture? If so, they may point to that. If not, I would be talking to the dirctor. I'm torn because I would LOVE to get pics from our DCP during the day of Allison, but don't like the idea of her being on someone elses personal phone.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    As a DCP I would never do that. I occasionally take photos on my phone and they are texted or posted to FB for the parents immediately with their consent. I would never take a photo and not share it right away with the exception of something I was printing for a take home ... Ex Father's Day frames
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • Options
    I think it's weird that she's even allowed to have her phone on her while she's working with the kids in a daycare setting.
  • Options
    mkarnsmkarns member
    Yeah that's tough for me. I do receive pictures of my baby at DC with his friends from his teachers and I LOVE getting them. But, these are girls that I've become relatively close with. I would be freaked out if a girl I met for one day did this.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jk382jk382 member
    I think it is weird and I would have called the daycare manager.  You are the mom, you know best.  If you think something is off, it probably is!  
  • Options

I second that it's strange that she has her phone on her at all.

The daycare I work at has no cellphones allowed in the classroom. There is a classroom camera so they can take pictures for the parents, and all the photos are uploaded to a private site that the parents have access to. That way everyone can see pictures, but they aren't on anyone's personal phone or camera. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Options
    I agree that it is weird.  I have tons of pictures of the girls on my phone, butnot until we were all very cloee, and I take them to send to their parents, who love the daioy photos.  Now that Lucia is here we also have pictures of the girls in our house, and they have pictures if her in theirs.  But again, that is because of how close we are.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    image2chatter:
    Um, I would be searching her name and checking to see if she posted them anywhere, like FB "First day of work, look at this cutie" kind of thing.nbsp; Not cool.

This would be my main concern.
  • Options
    I probably would have done the same thing. That's a little weird, for sure. 
  • Options
    You did the right thing! I would not like that AT ALL.
  • Options
    I would have done the same thing. That's weird and unprofessional. She shouldn't have her phone on her anyway. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"