Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

2 Month Shots

My LO goes in today for her two month shots & I'm feeling a little nervous about them. I guess more nervous about the side effects from the shots than the actual giving of them. I'm not planning on going anywhere after the appointment. Just coming home for the rest of the day to let her rest. It seems like everything I read online is about how terrible babies feel afterwards. Are the effects really that terrible or are the only people posting the ones who have bad experiences? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2 Month Shots

• Options
    I would give her 48 hours to experience side effects. My pedi warned that she could have a fever, so have baby tylenol on hand. I didn't need it, though. The only side effect I noticed was a decrease in appetite for 24 hours after.
  • Options

I was told by other moms to give my LO Tylenol 30 min before his appt. I did this and the doc said to give another dose after 4 hours. He slept all afternoon. Btw he got 4 shots. Two in each thigh. Was also told to massage his thighs with warm towels resting on them when I gave him his bath.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was really worried too but we were fine. I live out of town so I ran errands after appt and she slept. We stopped to see grandma and she ate and played and giggled. She got a little fussy about 5 hrs after the appt and I gave her some baby Tylenol. She was fine after that and a happy baby again. 

• Options
    Vivi had her shots last Wednesday. 2 shots in one thigh, 1 in the other and a liquid squirted into her mouth. Pedi said I should pick up infant Tylenol on the way home in case I needed it but I wound up not giving her any. She was a little fussy when we got home so I fed her and she fell asleep against my chest.  I swaddled and she slept for 3 hours. When she woke up to eat again she was fussy and I noticed her thighs were a little red and hot where she got the shots. She fell asleep right away after eating so I put her in her swaddle and she slept almost 7 hours that night.  Baby girl woke up smiling and happy as can be after that!
  • Options
    Kota26Kota26 member
    Connor screamed while he was on the table but as soon as I was allowed to pick him up he stopped crying.  I gave him a bottle and we waited for 15 minutes to make sure there was no immediate reaction.  He fell asleep during the 15 minutes and slept the trip home.  He was fine for the rest of the day, but around 9 pm he woke up screaming.    After ruling out any other reasons for him screaming, we deduced that his legs were in a lot of pain and he probably moved them a certain way/bumped them.  After 20 minutes he finally relaxed and slept for the rest of the night.  By the next day he was his fine chipper self and we never saw any fever above 99.0. Tylenol is your friend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My lil one only cried during the shots...he was fine after, but did run a slight fever. I gave him some Tylenol and he was good. Wasn't fussy and I don't think he lost his appetite. They did tell me to put cold compress/warm towel on the area if I thought it was "tender"

imageimage

• Options
    imagemrsjollybrown:
    I was told by other moms to give my LO Tylenol 30 min before his appt. I did this and the doc said to give anoth
    er dose after 4 hours. He slept all afternoon. Btw he got 4 shots. Two in each thigh. Was also told to massage his thighs with warm towels resting on them when I gave him his bath.nbsp;

I was told not to give Tylenol before shots because it compromises the immune response and makes shots less effective. I was told Tylenol after was ok but only if he seemed to need it.
  • Options
    It really wasn't that bad!  I was the same way; very, very nervous!  She screamed, but then stopped the second my husband picked her up.  I was ready to nurse, but she didn't even seem to need it (I still do it, because I was mentally prepared to comfort her).  She slept a ton the next few days; I still waked her every three hours during the day, so that she kept her days and nights straight.  We also gave her Tylonol the first night, as she seemed uncomfortable.  She still slept like a champ that night. 
    Good luck!
  • Options
    DS got very sleepy and slept for a long time after the shots. This is another normal reaction and much nicer than the screaming. :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"