Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Ugh, I give up.

I've tried no less than four times to move my napping DD off myself and into her playard bassinet, today.  She has woken every single time.  So here I sit as a human pillow, confined to the couch for the foreseeable future.  

She is never like this!  Sure, she falls asleep on me while nursing, but I can almost always successfully move her so I can get up and do stuff around the house.  I swore I'd never be one of those moms that let's their LO get away with ONLY sleeping on them.  So much for that, hah!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ugh, I give up.

• Options
    12 week Growth Spurt? My LO is at the tail end/done with hers and has "refigured out" how to fall asleep on her own. We were doing so good during week 11, then about 4-5 days during week 12 she just couldn't make it happen and would cry and cry. Now today she fell asleep with minimal fussiness in her crib again, so I think we're good
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    do u use a boppy while nursing.  If you do, it could help you move her off of you. You will have to sit next to her but at least she wouldn't be on you and she will get use to being on her own.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I'm right there with you. All this week is been impossible to successfully move DS off of me when he falls asleep. It's been kind of miserable.
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions and empathy, ladies!  My guess would also be some kind of growth spurt, if I had to make a guess.  She also just seems to be more clingy than is normal for her.  I'm willing her to go the #^%* to sleep at this point (I should really buy that book).. we're having a stare-down as she sits squirming in her Momaroo seat.  She appears to be trying to destroy it.. "Death by baby kicks".

It doesn't help that I tried to trim the dog's nails earlier and made three of them bleed.  So LO is crying and fussing, while I'm trying to tend to the dog who's walking around the house with a sandwich bag of flour attached to each back foot to stop the bleeding.  And I was really careful with those nail clippers, too!

I am just a terrible person today.  DH can't get home soon enough, I'm ready for some happy sauce already.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I can't eat, do laundry, clean my house, do anything! It's sad that I feel guilty using the bathroom because I have to listen to my LO cry. Today's been rough.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, DH and I have never been able to put Vivi down unless she is completely knocked out asleep. The whole "put her down when she's drowsy" has never worked, even the pedi said just do what helps us get to sleep. So now at almost 10 weeks I use swaddle sacks and rock her to sleep before putting her down. She falls asleep faster with music and more rhythmic rocking currently enjoying Justin Timberlake and with the corner of a blanket covering her eyes to block out all light I remove once she's down in her crib. Good luck mama!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"