Cloth Diapering
Options

Getting started

Hey! 

I'm a FTM and I am strongly considering cloth diapering (much to the chagrin of my mom, who will be providing daycare).  The problem is, I'm doing so because we're on a pretty tight budget and I'm a little nervous of the start up cost.  Could any of you ladies provide some insight about what I will need to get started/last me with cloth diapering? I know there's more to it than just some diapers and inserts, so please help me! Both my husband and I will be working full-time and so please consider that..since we won't be the ones dealing with the diapers during the days and may not be able to do laundry every day. Thank you all!

Re: Getting started

• Options
    I agree with PP. I just bought my start-up stash of cloth diapers, and it basically included everything that she said. I got 36 prefolds, 4 diaper covers, diaper cream, 2 wet bags, and 30 cloth wipes for about $150, which I thought was a good deal. We already had Rockin Green detergent that was given to us by a friend who is very into green cleaning, so that was nice. I used clothdiaper.com if that helps at all. They have some good package deals, which was how I got the prefolds and covers for cheaper. 
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't tell how far along you are, it doesn't sound like baby is here yet.

But you could put away 50 / mo that you would spend on disposibles during pregnancy. And slowly add more aio or pockets that way. These are more user friendly to daycare providers.

You could use the prefolds and covers as a way to cover the gap and as a buffer for laundry day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"