December 2013 Moms
Options

Coconut Oil

I've been feeling terrible lately. Dry skin, bloating, blah! My rescue? Coconut oil. I am so in love with this stuff! I have been slathering it on every morning after my shower and it feels amazing. I am not far enough along of course for my skin to feel tight or itchy but I have noticed my skin has been dryer that usual. This makes my skin feel heavenly. I also make my own hair mask with it and it works wonders my hair is to my midback and is currently an ombre color so I have to work hard to keep it healthy. This is the only thing that works for me!

The way I see it, I want to do everything possible to give myself a confidence boost as there are so many things happening right now that can work against it bloating, weird skin, etc. What are some things you have been doing for that extra pop of self esteem??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Coconut Oil

• Options
    Coconut oil is amazing, for tons of things! I actually make homemade deodorant out of it! Between that and apple cider vinegar I'm set these days!
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options
    I'm not sure of the dosage, but I've heard it can also be a help with constipation.  Too much can cause the opposite issue though, so I'd ask a Dr first :)

My 2 December boys

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does it help acne if used as a face wash? I am having terrible sore acne bumps all over my face and it looks awful and hurts!
  • Options
    Isn't coconut a white solid and you have to melt it? The one I have is
  • Options
    Some people have told me it helps with stretch marks is that true?
  • Options
    I got real tired of melting mine in the microwave every night so I switched to something easier.  Im too tired for all that lol
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options

imagemegzjax:
    Does it help acne if used as a face wash? I am having terrible sore acne bumps all over my face and it looks awful and hurts!

Since acne face washes always dry my skin out. I wash my face each night and then in the morning I apply some coconut oil. It really helps the healing process. It is also antibacterial so should help with acne in general. 

At room temp coconut oil is a solid, but once applied to your body heat melts it and you can rub it in. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJen4033:
    I'm not sure of the dosage, but I've heard it can also be a help with constipation.  Too much can cause the opposite issue though, so I'd ask a Dr first :)

I melt it in a shot glass and just shoot it... it certainly helps. 

Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options

imagemegzjax:

You may try a honey and lemon face mask, it certainly helps my face and soothes breakouts as well. 

Lilypie - (zHjr)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"