Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Rnp to crib

Anyone else having difficulty with this transition?

My lo sleeps in the rnp for naps and night swaddle. He is the best nighttime sleeper lately for us. Goes to bed at9 wakes up at 530 to eat and back up for the day at 9. We are also able to put him down drowsy and rock him a few times and he's out.
He is currently outgrowing the rnp. To long and getting to heavy. So this is not by choice but necessity.
The past week I have been trying to transition him. Granted I'm not the most consistent. I try rocking him until he's out in my arms or putting him down drowsy. He remains swaddled as he likes it. He makes it 10 minutes most before screaming his head off.
How long does this transition take and any other tips. I only try the crib at nap times lately because sleep is precious to everyone in the home at night! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

photo 7e743566-12ed-490b-ab2b-c02defa0dfc7_zps2f01858c.jpg

Re: Rnp to crib

• Options
    I don't have an answer! All I can say is I've been dreading doing the same! Ugh. Good luck!
  • Options
    We've had a pretty easy transition, but I'll share what we did to ease it. First, we do have a wedge pillow 24 on Amazon under the head of the mattress. It's not the same degree of incline as the RnP, but it helps. I also put a neck pillow under his legs when he is swaddled since he also likes to have his legs at a slight incline. Thankfully, he sleeps the same stretches he did on the RnP.

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageclaridiva:
    We've had a pretty easy transition, but I'll share what we did to ease it. First, we do have a wedge pillow 24 on Amazon under the head of the mattress. It's not the same degree of incline as the RnP, but it helps. I also put a neck pillow under his legs when he is swaddled since he also likes to have his legs at a slight incline. Thankfully, he sleeps the same stretches he did on the RnP.
    Good luck!

How long did it take you to fully transition?

• Options

we tried naps at first and had trouble but soon realized he wouldnt sleep in the crib during the day b/c he was so busy looking around since he could see everything in the daylight.  So we actually got him sleeping in there at night to get used to the crib before his daytime naps.

Also, we started on a Friday since DH is home on the weekends to split the load in case he got up a lot during the night.  That way if one of us didnt get a lot of sleep tending to him, the other would take care of him during the day for the other to catch up on sleep.  Wasn't necessary, but worth it to think about in case it takes some persistence.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How big is he? DD is 25" and almost 15lbs but I thought we still had a while. Maybe not??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're trying the same thing right now with no luck.  Two night in a row she's just hung out in the crib for an hour- not fussing, just wide awake.  I'm just gonna keep trying each night until she gets it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    26 inches and 16 lbs. his legs almost hang out. also he mushes his face against the sides now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"