June 2013 Moms
Options

Birth Announcements- Who should get one?

I was planning on sending birth announcements to anyone that gave us a baby gift, no matter how big or small.

Who is everyone sending birth announcements to?  There are some family members I'm closer with than others, likewise with friends.  Some of DH's family  haven't even acknowledged that I'm pregnant.  I don't think I can afford to send out 200 birth announcements so I feel like I should draw the line somewhere.  Any thoughts?

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth Announcements- Who should get one?

• Options
    Do you send Christmas/Holiday cards? I use the same list for birth announcements.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member
    imagejane.says:
    Do you send Christmas/Holiday cards? I use the same list for birth announcements.

This. Thank goodness for my Christmas card address list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejane.says:

I hadn't put much thought into this yet but that is a great way to make your list. Thanks!

• Options
    I will send announcements to everyone we send Christmas cards to. That should cover everyone who was invited to our showers And a few other close friends and family members.

That reminds me, I need to print out labels before I stop working....
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    This is what we did too. In fact, last time we did send them in with Christmas cards! Guess we can't do that this time... .:mobile smiley:.

• Options

imagejane.says:

That was my plan, but DH is being spiteful and doesn't even want to bother sending a birth announcement to his family that were invited to the shower, yet never even RSVP-ed.  I told him we should bite the bullet and send one, but maybe slowly drop them off the Christmas card list next year...

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would say ours will likely be the same as our holiday card list if we do them.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    I didnt and not planing on doing one for this baby. Facebook announcement will do for us. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used my Christmas card list
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennOKjennOK member
    We got married a year ago, so I'm using the wedding invitation list, which also technically should be our Christmas card list I guess, if I ever got around to sending them out.
  • Options
    Last time, I just sent to immediate family and close friends.  My cousin sent hers out and wrote her thank you notes from her shower on the back.  I thought that was a pretty smart way to get two birds with one stone.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    MC #1- Jamie George 6/7/08, MC #2- Christian Aaron 1/15/09

BFP! 3/25/09 BETA 1 (4/7/09) -# 9659 BETA 2 (4/10/09) - # 19171 Born 12/6/09 - Our precious girl.

MC #3- Ashley Grace 2/15/11, MC #4- Amelia Noel 12/30/11
    MC #5- Antonio 9/8/12

BFP! 10/6/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Generally any family or friends who attended your shower should get an announcement. Work showers not so much, but family showers.

I would send to close family, aunts/uncles/grandparents. If you want to announce, to a large amount of people, you could put an announcement in a local paper. 

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I am sending to people who gave us a gift and the family Christmas card list.
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also plan to send one to everyone who gave us a shower gift. You can create them for a reasonable price if you use photo prints on sites like snapfish. For my babyshower invite I created a digital image with the ultrasound on word then saved it as an image to print on 4x6. They came out cute and I spent pennies on each one. Hope I make sense. :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"