Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Thing Thursday

Once again into the breach...

1) Who is the cook in your family, you or your wife?  If you aren't the cook, are you the grill master?

2)  Where were you 10 years ago?  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

3) Summer is (unofficially) here.  Got any great vacations lined up?

4-5 are you.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Options

1) Who is the cook in your family, you or your wife?  If you aren't the cook, are you the grill master?

To be honest with you, neither of us is really that advanced in our cooking.  I do tend to make more of an effort to make things that take more prep time, where my wife tends to go for quick and simple.  I work the grill, well, I haven't in a while after a slight burn incident... but my wife doesn't grill.

10 years ago I was as single as it comes with no prospects of marriage and working in a electronics retailer and not very happy there at the time.  In 10 years, I expect to likely be with the same company I am now, as a father of 3 or 4, and coming up on 50.  The only part I can guarantee is the 50... the number of kids is pretty likely too.

No real vacations this summer.  I burned 2 of the 3 vacation weeks I get for the birth of our youngest.  The last is for a wedding in North Carolina in the fall... we'll drive out on Friday, go to the wedding Saturday, stay in the city Sunday, drive home Monday, followed by taking care of my wife when she gets her gall bladder removed upon our return home.  Next year we will go on a couple vacations...looking at visiting a 3rd cousin in Arkansas and also maybe a trip to Philadelphia.

4) Pacers are giving the Heat a handful and I'm loving it.  I really hope they'll take the series, but I am not counting on it... I'm thinking it'll probably go 7 though.

5) This has been a busy, busy week.  I'm glad it is over (this is my Sunday).  My oldest had the fever (but acted fine), and Memorial Day is one of the biggest weekends for the soft drink industry, especially in central Indiana with the Indy 500.

• Options
    PrimePrime member

My wife cooks most meals, but I am completely capable of doing anything in the kitchen.  I do cook from time to time.  I am the grill master as well.  My wife doesn't grill at all.  She is somewhat afraid of the charcoal grill.

10 years ago I was in high school.  10 years from now I hope to be ready to quit my job and open my own brewery.

We have one trip planned this summer.  We are flying to Iowa for my mother-in-law's wedding in a few weeks.  We'll be flying with our 5 week old son then doing a long road trip to see his great-grandparents who are unable to fly out to us.  It is going to be a long trip...

4)  Our little guy is doing really well.  He's asleep in my arms as I type this.  He's really laid back and only cries when he's hungry.  He's a good sleeper.  All of this is adding up to some kind of serious trouble down the road.  This goodness will be balanced out somehow.

5) My wife is recovering well from her emergency c-section.  Her pain has mostly subsided at this point.  I've been really impressed with how well she has done with everything.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  My wife cooks inside the house.  I cook on the grill.  I am not a grill master by any stretch of the imagination.

2.  10 years ago I was 21, lving with two roommates in Royal Oak, MI while going to college.  I was playing shows with my band almost every weekend at local clubs in Detroit.  Good times.

In 10 years I will be 41 (scary) and hopefully I will be the owner of the Telecommunications consulting business I am working for currently.  We plan on having 2-3 kids by that point.

3.  No vacations scheduled.  We wanted to take a camping trip to the west coast of Michigan but that got nixed because we are saving every last dime for the baby and possibly putting in air conditioning. 

4.   My Red Wings had it, they had the series in the bag but they couldn't close it out.  I give them all the credit in the world because they were not even supposed to make the playoffs this year, let alone almost advance to the Western Conference finals.  Hopefully they will make some good moves for defense during the off season.

5.  I am one month away from Tough Mudder.  I've lost 12 pounds since I started training but I am still not where I want to be.  I'm in the middle of week 2 of Insanity in order to increase my cardio but it is so tough to workout in a house with no air conditioning when it's 86 outside with 95% humidity. 

• Options
    WulfgarWulfgar member

1) I am the main cook in my family but I am trying to teach my wife how to cook more then just heat and eat.  I do all of the grilling.

2) Trying to convince my wife that I was not too old, there is an eleven year difference between us.  In 10 years hopefully be debt free and working at the same company that I am working at, I have a great mentor and a great design engineer to learn from and the group I am in is breaking in to a new market.

3) Every summer her family goes to Gem Beach (Catawba Island, Lake Erie) the third week of July.  We go to Put in Bay one day and the men do a golf outing another day.

4) My company's AWS starts next week so I get every other Friday off during the summer for working my normal 9 hours a day (I am salaried so I get paid to do a job).

5) Completed 30.5 miles of my 100 mile challenge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1) Who is the cook in your family, you or your wife?  If you aren't the cook, are you the grill master?Me.  I like being the primary family cook/grocery shopper, as it means I get to decide what we have for dinner.  I assume that, in the future when we own a home not in New York City, I will also be the grill master.2)  Where were you 10 years ago?  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?Literally 10 years ago today I graduated high school.  Hopefully in 10 years, we'll own a house.3) Summer is (unofficially) here.  Got any great vacations lined up?We're going to New Jersey in June when my sister-in-law and her two kids are up from Georgia.  We're all staying at my wife's parents' house with two bathrooms.  I'm not looking forward to this at all. We actually just got back from a trip to North Carolina to see my mom, and get her some granddaughter time.  Her cancer spread, so we'll probably have to take a sad trip sometime this summer. 4) The Braves are horribly inconsistent, but I do hope they continue dominating the NL East.  5) We're in the middle of sleep training now.  Last night was terrible.  Tonight, Fiona fell asleep almost immediately, and it was amazing.  She also rolled from her back to her stomach earlier today, so that was very exciting.
  • Options

im the cook. I'm also the grill master, baker and all around chef. 

10 years ago I was fresh out of college, new to LA and behaving badly. 10 years from ow I hope to be done raising babies and comfortable in my parenting, marriage, home and career. 

I got nothing. just started a new job so no vacation for me.

4) it's been a long time, good to be back

5) kid is growing up crazy fast, time flys and I'm crazy busy...guess this is the life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"