Breastfeeding
Options

Huge excess!

When I have work, I pump twice - once as soon as I wake up and once about half way through the day.  My morning pump yields A LOT of milk... like sometimes 12-15 ounces!  My afternoon pump is usually a "normal" amount (around 5-6 oz.)  We use frozen milk on Mondays and the rest of the week gets the milk from the day before.  By rhe end of the week, I'm freezing around 20-30 oz of milk!  

My question... is this normal?! I barely had 5 oz a week to freeze with DS, so this is completely different.  How do I slow this down?  I have a huge stash in my mom's freezer (she usually has the kids on Mondays) and my freezer is slowly being taken over now!  

I don't want to screw myself and wind up with not enough milk ... so I'm sort of scared to play around.  I planned to stop nursing in september, and now I'm thinking I may be able to continue DD on breastmilk even after I finish!  It's going GREAT, and I guess all this extra milk isn't a real problem, but just asking for some feedback I guess.

Thanks gals.  :) 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Huge excess!

• Options
    SkyBeeSkyBee member
    It is normal..... supply and demand. I am freezing between 25 and 30 oz. every day. With twins nursing several times a day and a few pumping sessions,  I have encouraged quite the supply! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    I'm in the same boat, I can pump huge amounts in no time. I am definitely not complaining but now my freezer is packed and I don't want to cut back on pumping because I am afraid of messing with my supply. I'm afraid if I allow it to drop then something will go wrong and I won't be able to bring it back up again

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Exactly!!!! 

imagea13049:
    I'm in the same boat, I can pump huge amounts in no time. I am definitely not complaining but now my freezer is packed and I don't want to cut back on pumping because I am afraid of messing with my supply. I'm afraid if I allow it to drop then something will go wrong and I won't be able to bring it back up again
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"