Breastfeeding
Options

cluster feeding question

My DD is cluster feeding. Normal feedings are great, no issues. She'll be 3 weeks this Tuesday. So i know it could be a growth spurt. Tonight we are like FIVE hours. She delatches then goes NUTS like she is starving trying to find my nipple. When I put my nipple up to her mouth she bobs off on like there's nothing there making us both frustrated.
Is it because she's so tired? Why does she act like shes starving? I'm starting to think there is something wrong.I'm so exhausted.
Every time she falls asleep I think YES! but of course as soon as I move her she starts going crazy rooting for my breast. And she will scream if I don't hurry up give it to her.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cluster feeding question

• Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    imagencbelle:
    Totally normal newborn behavior get a comfy spot and have someone bring you plenty of snacks and water won't last forever!

Yep. Sounds like the 3 week growth spurt. Just hang in there. Enlist the help of husband, family, friends, whoever to do everything else and take care of you. And you just nurse, nurse, nurse. And when you need to take breaks for yourself, have someone else hold LO. It won't hurt the baby to cry for a bit. Have them try the 5 S's to calm LO while you get some rest.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, totally agree with pp to just keep nursing.  My DD was a comfort nurser and never took to a paci, so it was always me.  She wanted to nurse all the time, especially in the evening, so I just went with it.  Like you, I thought she wasn't getting enough, but just trust yourself that you're giving her everything she needs.  Like other said, get a comfy spot and have someone bring you snacks and water... lots of water!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"