June 2013 Moms
Options

ftm are these contractions or bh....

Well I am only 37w5d. I was 75effaced and 1cm dilated a week ago. Baby has dropped and its been a very uncomfortable week with lots oh BH tightening. I've been walking to help back strength. This am hubby and I DTD. About 30 min post I started having sharp menstrual cramps accompanied with low back pain and some tightening. It comes and goes. Lasts about 30 sec to a 1 min. About 812 min apart. I took a bath, didn't help. Layed down didn't help. Drinking water didn't help. Its not unbearable pain or tightening. I also feel like I need to pee/poop but nothing. Long story short do you think BH or real thing. P.s. I had a little gush if clear fluid yesterday, enough to soak through my yoga pants.

Re: ftm are these contractions or bh....

• Options

Lay down for an hour and drink water. If they go away, BH for sure. If they continue at a timeable pace or increase in frequency then call your OB. 

So in your case, I'd call. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm trying to wait it out and avoid an unnecessary hospital bill. But was a little worried due to possibly amniotic fluid leak.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was told when that happened to me to time them and when they get to be 5 minutes apart or less consistantly for an hour then go to the hospital.  If drinking water and lying down aren't helping then it sounds like it could be the real deal!  I had my baby 6 days ago and when I went into labor it was as you described with consistent contractions and they got closer together so I knew it wasn't just BH, also feeling the need to pee/poop never happened with BH for me so I was pretty sure it was labor and sure enough 18 hours later and I had my baby girl!

Good luck! 

• Options

If you think your water broke I would def. go into L&D, esp after you had sex, because that can cause infection.

Are you still leaking? Maybe you just had a big gush of discharge. If your contractions become worse, you are able to somewhat time them, (as not everyone is able to time their contractions because sometimes they are sporadic) I would go ahead and head on in, or at least call L&D and have them advise you what you should do.

I can't stress enough though, when you are in labor- you will know! there is no mistaking labor pains. IMO if you have to guess, or ask people if you are in labor, you are probably not, and it's more then likely BH.

• Options

imagedakardi12:
    Thank you. I'm trying to wait it out and avoid an unnecessary hospital bill. But was a little worried due to possibly amniotic fluid leak.

uh, okay. If you think you're leaking fluid I would think the health  of you and your baby is worth it.  

You can at least call your OB and see what they say.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You should call your doc especilly since sounds like your water broke
  • Options
    I would call your doctor and get checked out, esp if you think amniotic fluid may have been leaking and you DTD. As a pp mentioned, that can cause infection. I'd think your and baby's safety would be worth a hospital bill if it turns out not to be real labor, but that's just me.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I got an appointment for tomorrow morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"