Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Birthday party

In 11 weeks, my little girl will be TWO! Holy smokes! I'm already thinking of her birthday party, starting to plan. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. But, finances are tight, so I think it's time to start thinking about it.

I'm doing a Minnie Mouse theme. I've been stalking Pinterest for ideas. What are some cheap decor ideas for such a party? It needs to be flexible for indoor or out, because we live in AZ. 1, it's effing hot. 2, it's in the middle of monsoon season. Last year we were forced inside by a dust storm, and couldn't use half my decorations.

Also, what are you all getting your 2 year olds for their birthday? We're kind of stuck. We thought about getting her a chair like a Minnie bean bag chair, or there's a local store that sells mini reclining chairs for fairly cheap. She LOVES chairs lol or maybe a play kitchen? Or something smaller and save those ideas for Christmas?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Birthday party

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    May be this will interest you then.. I saw this in one of my newsletters this morning

Walmart ? Little Tikes Gourmet Prep N? Serve Kitchen $49.97 + FREE In-Store Pick Up (Regularly $79.97!)

little tikes

Right now on Walmart, get this Little Tikes Gourmet Prep ?N Serve Kitchen in Pink for just $49.97 (regularly $79.97) PLUS get free in store pick up (or pay $5.97 shipping to your home).

This same kitchen is selling for $124.99 on Little Tikes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I made a name banner and flag banner, balloons, confetti, and a tin sign as the only decor. I also incorporated details into the water bottle labels, favor bags, snack boxes, and cupcakes. It was simple and pretty cheap since I did a lot of it myself, and it was indoors because it was February in Oregon.

We got him a slide and a couple smaller gifts, like puzzles. For bigger things, he loves his water table and play kitchen. We have the IKEA one, it's about $100 and really well made.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is this a family party or are you having kids? If just family, I wouldn't go too overboard with decor. I actually blew up a baby Minnie card, and traced it onto a poster board and made my own sign. Kids love balloons, so as long as you have them it's a party! We got this kitchen for Christmas last year. I will say, it's cute as heck, but it's not worth $80. They play with it all the time, but it's light so it gets knocked over, the Minnie head comes off easy, and the oven door never stays shut. But it's Minnie! 

https://www.kmart.com/disney-minnie-bowtique-kitchen/p-004W004973573001P

P.S. For the record, you are not crazy. I planned my 1 and 2 year olds party about 6 months in advance. They all said I was nuts. But of course this year, I had in laws asking when the party was last week, because they were planning a trip for Sept.         

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"