December 2010 Moms
Options

Worried about traveling with DS...

Any tips for traveling with DS? It's not until August, but I am already worrying about our trip. I just called our hotel and requested a crib for our room, and found out the cribs are pack n plays. Well, when we were evacuated he slept in a PNP for 2 nights and it was TERRIBLE. Every time he moved, it swished. He was too tall for it really. His head kept getting smushed against the side. He woke up a zillion times.  We'll be at the hotel for 12 days. I'm trying to find a solution... he still sleeps in a crib (although sleeps on a mat at daycare) and DOES NOT co-sleep. He hates having anyone next to him when sleeping, we've tried. What am I going to do? Where the heck is he going to sleep? We really don't have the $$ to buy anything else (unless it's secondhand and easily transported) as this trip is already really expensive. Thoughts?
Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015

Re: Worried about traveling with DS...

• Options
    EVM1216EVM1216 member

You can pick up a toddler cot for around $30 at Walmart.  My mom acquired a used air mattress/sleeping bag that is toddler sized so that DD could stay over at her house from a friend.  I bet there would be similar things on amazon for not too much and those wouldn't be hard to pack.

Also, could DS sleep on a sofa if there was one available in the hotel room?  That may be a option and already included in the cost of the room.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options

Can you just take his daycare nap mat with you?  Is it one you purchased? Or get a nap mat to take?  Nate is used to sleeping on our floor too and does well there.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageletranger:
    Get two beds put pillows around him. If you are afraid he will fall out. Or start working with him now how to get off a bed correctly.

We have a room with 2 queen beds, but DD will be in one bed and DH and I will be in another. No way I can have DD, DH, and I all in one bed and DS by himself. But he won't co-sleep, so that's out.

I'm thinking of borrowing a crib mattress from someone and laying it down on the floor... 

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    If it makes you feel any better (it won't, but here's my attempt), the hotel we stayed in last week provided a "real" crib for DS and it was still smaller sized.  I think they just are to fit inside hotel rooms and be able to be placed on casters to roll.  DS is younger than your's will be in August obviously and he only fit diagonally!  He also does NOT co-slept at all either but he actually napped with us each day and slept a few more hours in the mornings in our bed.  It was really better than I thought, though not easy by any means.  I've heard lots of people mention that toddler cot and that's a good idea!  Also, hotels can often provide a roll-away bed which is certainly a much smaller bed than the big ones already in the room.  You might even be able to pull the mattress off and place that on the floor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A does not co sleep either. In the beginning he thought it was playtime, now he is just a wild man in bed. He isn't in a crib any longer but if bed space is an issue we either due an air mattress on the floor or the rollaway mattress on the floor too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelrn327:
    Also, hotels can often provide a roll-away bed which is certainly a much smaller bed than the big ones already in the room.  You might even be able to pull the mattress off and place that on the floor.

This is what I was thinking. Get a cot and put the mattress on the floor. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"