February 2013 Moms
Options

My STTN baby is now waking at 4am...

This is the third night in a row.  He isn't upset when he wakes up, just kicking and looking around.  Last night we let him stay like that and eventually he did start crying (4:45).  I am not sure what to do.  If we take him out of the crib and rock with him for 10-15 mintues he falls back to sleep and will sleep until 6 or 7.  But I am worried this is starting a new habit, so last night I tried just rubbing/patting his belly but keeping him in the crib, and that didn't work at all.  I think he felt like I was playing with him, he seemed wide awake until we sat in the rocking chair and then he gets that it is sleepy time. 

Anyone successfully dealt with this?  If it is just a phase, how do I get through it without it turning into his new wake-up time? 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: My STTN baby is now waking at 4am...

• Options
    3-4 month wakeful period.  All of my babies have gone through it.

• Options
    sbl0609sbl0609 member
    How long did it last? DS hasn't been sleeping well/consistently for weeks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would hold LO for a few minutes, and put him back to sleep. Or at least make him really sleepy.  Maybe try it a few days, because its not like he's going back to sleep on his own anyway. 
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do any of you feed the baby an extra time when they have this new wakeful time?  My LO woke up at 2:15 last night after STTN for a couple weeks and we gave h a bottle.  Only one wake up so maybe not a new pattern but just wondering what people do if this does become her pattern
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"