April 2013 Moms
Options

TMI but omg I need help :(

I didn't have any tears from birth and this just started recently, but everytime I go #2, it HURTS! I thought maybe hemorrhoids, but I felt around in the shower and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. What do I do and why does it hurt?
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: TMI but omg I need help :(

• Options
    It could be internal hemorrhoids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    imagegretch1020:

Probably this. Drink a ridiculous amount of water and up your fiber or do stool softener. Baths can also help. They are miserable hope it shrinks for you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKate_C:
    imagegretch1020:

Probably this. Drink a ridiculous amount of water and up your fiber or do stool softener. Baths can also help. They are miserable hope it shrinks for you soon!

I know nothing about them. Will they go away on their own or do I need something?
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    Like external ones, I think they usually will shrink on their own. But couldn't hurt to call your doctor for suggestions. Preparation H actually comes with an applicator to apply it internally to help shrink them down. 
  • Options
    Same boat. HOT bath with Epsom salt really helps especially if you can hope in for 15 minutes or so right after you go.

You can try ice, prep H, tucks pads and dermablast spray BUT after 2 weeks of crazy pain my OB gave me a prescription cream that is helping more than te OTC stuff

If they are hemmoriods they will hopefully reduce on their own but may flare up from time to time in the future. My OB and primary docs both said I could wait it out as long as I wanted to see if they reduce but that I could also see a color rectal surgeon as early as I want to talk about removal. Apparently it's a quick lazor procedure.

Personally I'm upping the fiber, using stool softener and drinking lots of water hoping to give them a chance to reduce and heal up with irritation. I don't know when I'll give in and see a surgeon but I'd rather not have too.

• Options
    nessahmnessahm member
    It could also be an anal fissure which is a small tear. I had this in addition to hemorrhoids after I had my first and it was awful. It felt like I was pooping out knives. Call your OB if your in a lot of pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"