Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rough couple of days

My LO has been a terror for the last week or so. We are 4 days away from moving, so I was thinking she can possibly sense all the stress I have (especially considering we are hardly packed at all), or a growth spurt or something. She'll be 5 months on the 29th.

She just won't nap, eats like CRAZY and is screaming unless I am holding her, or she is being stared at. 

I swear. I will set her on the ground, play with her for 10 minutes and she is fine. The moment I look away or get up to do something, she starts rolling and crying, like she is trying to chase me. It's pretty funny the first time. The millionth? Not so much. 

Anyone else have a fussy baby lately?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: Rough couple of days

• Options
    Yes. I swear for an entire month Connor was fussy from morning till night. It started the day he had his 4 month shots and lasted all month. He went from a happy nappy baby to a non napping feisty-titted rage monkey. BUT, since Saturday he has went back to STTN,taking good naps and seems cheerful again. I hope it ends for you soon,a month straight was not fun. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Options

Ugh. A complete month would be the worst. I keep waking up every day hoping she is just happy as a clam, but she is ALWAYS screaming. I think it's karma for thinking my first born was difficult. She was a cake walk. I took it all for granted haha.

I really hope to see any sort of light at the end of the evil baby tunnel!

image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck with your move,we are moving in 2 months and I dread trying to pack with a baby!

I see your LO is almost 5 months old so it should start to get better soon :)

imageimage

• Options

We are sloooowly moving out a few week fussy phase (say that three times fast). It was very similar to you LO's. DS barely ate, never slept, and had about a two minute toleration for anything. I basically never left the house because going anywhere with him was a disaster and almost always involved a meltdown no matter if he was full and rested before we left.  Bedtime was a screaming nightmare, no matter if I moved it earlier or tried to get a last nap in.

Just in this last week I have noticed some positive changes. He is taking one long nap in the late morning, his wake time has increased from about 1 hour and 15 minutes to almost 1 hour 45. He is eating almost 6 oz. at a feeding, and he is going to roll from back to belly any day now. We can also now put him down drowsy but awake and he almost always puts himself to sleep (with the help of a projector). So looking back, it must be that his body/mind were gearing up for all these big changes, and that was his way of coping with it. I hope it sticks around a while before the next spurt, because I need a little break from the drama!

• Options
    imageamberdb72:

Good luck with your move,we are moving in 2 months and I dread trying to pack with a baby!

I see your LO is almost 5 months old so it should start to get better soon :)

I hope it does. I was hoping she'd be easier by now, and she was for awhile was. I am just ready for her to be more independent, but I know I will miss these horrible days when they are gone.

Moving is rough with a LO. We did it with DD1 when she was 6 months old, and I was pretty much useless because she was in my arms the whole time. And adjusting to a new house was hard on her. This time we are lucky enough to have a sitter, but I am nervous about that as well. 

image  image
  • Options
    imagecarlydrozd:

yup! my guy is 5 months and one week and his sleeping has regressed.  gets up one once a night to eat which he hasn't done in 2 months, HAS to have 10 oz before bed or will scream bloody murder (he eats 6-8 during the day), fights naps, and will not let us out of sight! I really hope whatever the deal is resolves soon because he is one cranky pants!

Same here with the MOTN feedings. I just want my sleep back haha

image  image
  • Options
    You perfectly described my daughter.  She is 5 months old today.  She screams bloody murder unless I hold her or am sitting right next to her,  Also, she went from sleeping 7 straights hours a night to waking up 6-8 times a night.  I am sure it is a phase...it has to be....or I am going to go absolutely crazy! :-p
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS is 4 months old today and this is very much like what we have been dealing with this week.  Up until this weekend, he was super easy, super happy and now is he is super fussy, super hungry, and super clingy.  DH can usually get DS down to sleep pretty easily but had difficulties putting him to bed last night while I was at work and although I have explained how sleeping can be disrupted by developmental growth spurts (physical and cognitive), he was convinced last night that something is "wrong" with DS because he usual "daddy magic" wasn't working.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kaimom2kaimom2 member

We had this right before our 4 mo appt.  He was super fussy for about a week and wanted to eat all of the time.  He went from a STTN perfect angel to a terror!  At our 4 mo. appt we started talking to the dr. about it and before even looking at him she said it sounded like an ear infection.  Yep, sure enough.  Since that was treated, he is back to my perfect angel Big Smile

He didn't run a fever or have any other signs - blew me away! 

Good luck to you - hang in there!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Currently experiencing the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's the Wonder Week 19 & 4 Month Wakefuls. :-/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"