Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

spitting up

My baby has been spitting up. Not every feeding, but when he does it is pretty much everything he has just eaten. He doesn't seems to be uncomfortable or anything, in fact as soon as he spits up he wants to nurse again. Any ideas on what to do?  My 1st son never spit up, so this is a new one to me...Thank you!
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: spitting up

• Options
    How frequently are you burping him? It helps to burp them a few times during feeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCrazyMary77:
    How frequently are you burping him? It helps to burp them a few times during feeding.

this. Also, even though it looks like a ton of spit-up, it's probably just a couple of tsp. rest assured he is not spitting up all his food! As long as he seems happy, it's nothing to worry about. Some babies just spit up. But burping more frequently may help some. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dalziendalzien member
    No matter how much we burp our LO she always spits up, and when she was a newborn she would spit up everything everywhere. My mother showed me an almost cross cradle hold where I hold and steadily on my arm (so that the length of her body/torso is across my forearm) and walk around patting her back. This does an awesome job of getting out the gas, but she still spits up. She's in the 85th percentile for her weight, so her spitting up doesn't seem to hinder gaining weight.
  • Options

It's totally normal.  So long as your LO isn't screaming when he spits up then that's okay.  Just make sure you're burping frequently, that should help out a lot. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"