Baby Names

ok, one more girls name for today

OK, I get you all don't like Leigh, I'm not sure why as I think it is very pretty and more feminie looking.  My name is Kelley and I have had to correct people's spelling forever and it doesn't bother me, I think it's funny that people get stuck on one spelling...

anyway

How about Annaleigh?  NO I will not go with Annalee don't like it

thanks!

Re: ok, one more girls name for today

• It's OK. 

I don't really like Lee/ Lea/ Leigh at all so that's my issue-- not really the spelling.

Annaleigh/ Annalee is a smooshy name to begin with so I can't imagine there is a "traditional" spelling of the name.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I'm not a fan. I like Anna and Leigh but together they are to similar to Anally. I like Anna Leigh Last name or maybe Annelise?
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't see your other post but Leigh isn't that bad. If you really like it go for it. I definitely like it better than smooshing it with Anna.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:

Annaleigh/ Annalee is a smooshy name to begin with so I can't imagine there is a "traditional" spelling of the name.

Maybe Annalie? It's the Finnish variation of Hannah. It means "the Lord has favored me". I like it. :)

OP, I don't like Annaleigh at all. If you're set on using Leigh, could you use it as MN? For example, FirstName Leigh LastName.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• I hate the -Leigh endings to names bc it is just so trendy and pointless, plus I hate the look of it. Holleigh, Ashleigh, Cayleigh... They look ridiculous but I can see why doing Analy is not an option!

• I am not a fan...i think Anna Leigh is much better. Analy will always come to mind for me when the name gets smooshed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love it and think its a great name! My MIL is LeeAnna and my sister is Ashleigh, we are very much considering Annaleigh if we ever have a daughter. If you like it then go with it. Honestly, any name that is even slightly out of the norm wont get you any support on these boards, sadly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHelenahhandbasket:

It's OK. 

I don't really like Lee/ Lea/ Leigh at all so that's my issue-- not really the spelling.

I agree with all of this.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually like Leigh on its own.

Not a fan of Annaleigh.

Love PP's suggestion of Anneliese, or however it's spelled, though.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imageIloveshanej:
    I'm not a fan. I like Anna and Leigh but together they are to similar to Anally. I like Anna Leigh Last name or maybe Annelise?

This.  Thank you.  I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• I like Leigh, just plain Leigh.

I do not like Annaleigh.

• ya'll are hilarious, I'm not very uptight but never would associate annaleigh with analy... wowsers thanks for the giggle!
  • Love the sound of the name but I just can't dig Leigh attached to another name. It's a standalone to me and looks funny added on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"