July 2013 Moms
Options

confession...

At nearly 33 weeks, the afternoons are starting to drag for me again.  I is so very sleepy - so I close my office and pretend to be on a conference call.  I've also perfected the sleep-while-upright-holding-an important-document routine.  Anyone else have any confessions that help them get through the day?

Re: confession...

• Options
    BkuhmanBkuhman member
    I am probably going o get flamed for this.... This morning I am so exhausted!!! So, after eating breakfast with DD I have her the tablet for the Wii and put on a movie for her to watch in the recliner and gave her a blanket and pillow while I laid on the couch and napped. DH was in the bedroom so I knew that if shy needed something or got into something he would be there to help out.
  • Options
    I work from home...so I just lay down and take a nap;)  If my fiance calls and needs me to do something I just use my best "I'm not really sleeping voice when I answer the phone" lol. He wouldn't care if I took a nap...I just don't want to seem to overly lazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBkuhman:
    I am probably going o get flamed for this.... This morning I am so exhausted!!! So, after eating breakfast with DD I have her the tablet for the Wii and put on a movie for her to watch in the recliner and gave her a blanket and pillow while I laid on the couch and napped. DH was in the bedroom so I knew that if shy needed something or got into something he would be there to help out.

No flames here. I put on some music or baby Einstein for DD sometimes to lay down. I can't sleep but it gives me a tiny bit of of reprieve.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageBkuhman:

I'm a FTM - but certainly no flaming from me.  Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

• Options
    BkuhmanBkuhman member
    I could not keep my eyes open. It was awful! But like I said DH wa home while I did that, I knew she'd be okay. Now, to hope I am good for the whole day since he gets off work when dd goes to bed.
  • Options
    ok, so I'm adopting--- but our expectant parent was over the other day for a day-long visit and she asked if she could nap--- 3 hours later she woke up. We were overjoyed that she was comfortable enough to sleep soundly at our place. (Though apparently that is what happens at 7 months....)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm exhausted.  The one thinig I like about work trips, is usually I get some rest and go home feeling "brand new" So far, I haven't slept well on this trip at all.  I was up at 1 am with the WORST headache, no Tylenol, none at the hotel (all though the front desk was nice enough to tell me of a 24 hr place 4 blocks away... no thanks)

So I looked up remedies online, hot shower at 2:30 am... yes please, but I had to be up for work at 6... so, not a good night.  Now it's almost 4 pm, and I still have an hour or more to go, and I could fall asleep right here. I'm going home (hotel) ordering pizza and taking a nap... until tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"