April 2013 Moms
Options

PPD

Well after 6 rough weeks and a sobfest at my checkup yesterday, I got a prescription for some antidepressants and a therapist referral.

Feeling like a failure of a mom, but also a little relieved that I am on the path to feeling better. I know there is a board on here but it doesnt seem very active. Any other April moms going through this?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PPD

• Options
    I'm not going through it but want you to know that I'm sorry and I'm proud of you for being brave enough to address it and get help for it. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemonica93555:
    I'm not going through it but want you to know that I'm sorry and I'm proud of you for being brave enough to address it and get help for it. Hang in there!

ditto!  

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJBDamonM:

imagemonica93555:

ditto!  

This and you are the farthest thing from a failure. Your LO needs a happy and healthy mommy and you are doing what you can to make sure they have that. You should be commended. Good luck!
  • Options

Acknowledging the problem is the biggest step, so many moms are in denial about it or ashamed and there is NOTHING to be ashamed of!!   I know my son's birth month board had a weekly PPD check in, I think that'd be a great thing for our board too :)

• Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    Acknowledging the problem is the biggest step, so many moms are in denial about it or ashamed and there is NOTHING to be ashamed of!! nbsp; I know my son's birth month board had a weekly PPD check in, I think that'd be a great thing for our board too :nbsp;

This! You are NOT a failure. Taking charge of your health is super important to be an effective mom, so you are a success for doing that! PPD is a disease largely caused by hormones, not some sort of personality flaw or something. If you had an infection or a broken bone, you would obviously treat it. PPD is no different. Wishing you a good recovery!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I made an appointment to look into those things. Have you starting taking the medication yet? If so, is it helping? I COMPLETELY understand how you're feeling, I think I have a little bit of anxiety as well. I'm going so crazy right now that I won't put LO down because I'm scared that since I had to stop BFing that we aren't bonding and he doesn't know I'm his mom! I'm sure people would hear that and think I'm absolutely insane, but no one can truly get how we're feeling! It's terrible. Good luck with everything and I hope the medicine and therapist help you. And hopefully I can get that help too!
  • Options
    I am 6.5 weeks and just started feeling better this week. For me it was more sleep that helped the most. Not saying you don't need medication as I was about to ask for some if I wasn't feeling better at my appt Friday. DH has been doing the night feedings and I get up once to pump. My mood has been 100 better since I've gotten that extra sleep. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I think a checkin would be awesome if there are others.
  • Options
    imagejchamb20:
    I made an appointment to look into those things. Have you starting taking the medication yet? If so, is it helping? I COMPLETELY understand how you're feeling, I think I have a little bit of anxiety as well. I'm going so crazy right now that I won't put LO down because I'm scared that since I had to stop BFing that we aren't bonding and he doesn't know I'm his mom! I'm sure people would hear that and think I'm absolutely insane, but no one can truly get how we're feeling! It's terrible. Good luck with everything and I hope the medicine and therapist help you. And hopefully I can get that help too!

I just started the medication yesterday, but I feel a little better already just knowing I've finally taken the first step. I hear you on the anxiety. Much of my issue is feeling that I haven't bonded with the new baby at all... And if it makes you feel any better I was EBF and still felt that way. We just switched to FF for many reasons, but one of them was to lessen my stress which I am hoping will allow me to start that bond.

I really hope you are able to get through it soon as well. It is definitely a difficult way to feel with a brand new baby.
  • Options
    I am going through PPD as well. I did with my dd also. I just started back with a therapist yesterday and have been taking medication also. I have to say having someone to talk to helps me more so than the medication. The medication does help me though, just to feel level and not so up and down. You should be so proud of yourself for reaching out for help. I waited way to long the first time and this time, it took a friend essentially standing over me while I called the therapist, to get me to realize I needed to get back to it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"