Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

troubles staying asleep

My daughter just turned 8 months old.  She had been sleeping through the night (8;30 - 5:30am) up until a few weeks ago.  We put her to bed, but then she wakes up around 12:30 or 1:00 am...  We will typically give her a small bottle and rock her back to sleep..  However, she will not stay asleep when you put her back in her crib...  If she doesn't wake up immediately then it's within 10 minutes or so and this will go on all night...  One of us ends up having to get up and rock with her in the recliner throughout the night...

She has 2 bottom teeth already and I am not seeing/feeling more at this time, but I am sure that can be part of the problem...  She had a stuffy nose, but the humidifier and everything has seemed to clear that up...

Any ideas?  My hubby and I are really struggling right now.  We don't know how to help her sleep through the night without being so restless...

Thanks!!

Re: troubles staying asleep

• Options
    Is she crying or fussing when she wakes up? You going in there is probably telling her it's ok to be up. If my DD wakes up before 6am I let her play in her crib, unless she is screaming bloody murder then I will comfort her. But if your DD isn't crying hard core, I'd leave her alone and not go in there. It will show her that it's still bed time and that she needs to sleep.
  • Options
    My daughter just went through 2 weeks of this.  It is possible your LO could be getting her top 2 teeth which are painful coming in.  My daughter had a difficult time w/ that.  Have you tried giving her tylenol when she wakes up in the middle of the night?  When my LO wakes up we feed her and put her in the swing for the rest of the night.  She's good to go. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't go in right away, I leave her alone until she gets really upset and I can tell she isn't going back to sleep...  She will toss and turn and flip around while she is fussing, then it almost always turns into bloody murder type screaming...
  • Options

We have tried Tylenol when we put her to bed, but it makes sense to wait until she wakes up since that's obviously when it's bothering her...  I might have to try the swing (she went through a phase where she didn't care for it, but since she wants to be rocked when she wakes up in the middle of the night it's worth a try)

I have noticed that she is more "aggressive" about chewing on things which does make me think it might be teething...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"