Baby Names
Options

Baby girl name

Hi ladies! I am feeling really torn here. I've always wanted to avoid super popular names for my children. My name is not popular and i always liked that. Anway, I have always planned to use Isabel as a middle name for a daughter, as it was my dear grandmothers name and is very special to me. I am starting to lean towards using it as a first name because i cant seem to find another name that my husband and i both love, but im hesitating because Isabella has pretty much been in the top 5 most popular ranks for the last few years. But I like the idea of naming her Isabel and calling her Izzy. I'm just curious as to what you ladies think? Too popular?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby girl name

• Options
    If you love it, I say go for it, especially since it has significance for you.  I would avoid Isabella, though, and stick with Isabel.  Just my two cents for the penny they're worth.

• Options
    It's pretty popular but it does seem to be dropping in popularity. I wouldn't let the popularity of it discourage you especially since you seem to have so much history with the name. Plus, you already know it'll stand the test of time since it was your grandmothers name and its still around!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's a great name and the popularity wouldn't sway me (this coming from a mommy of a Mason ;) )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Too popular for me? Yes.

But if you love it then use it. It's a lovely name- that's why so many people use it.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options
    If you love it, it is not too popular.
  • Options
    I prefer Isabel, by far. I think it is a lovely name. So long as her NN isn't Bella. It sounds like you've taken care of that, so I think you'll be good!
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    Ifnbsp;you love it, it is not too popular.

I agree!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

If you love it and it has meaning use it. I actually haven't heard it lately. Its not popular in my area. Its very pretty.

• Options
    Personally, I have an issue with popularity especially when it comes to girl's name. That said, Isabel is a super pretty, timeless name. If it's THE one, then by all means use it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AMEDFAMEDF member

Isabel is obviously popular, but I don't know any Izzy's. I think it's cute and unique. GO FOR IT!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It is a beautiful name, but my son has two Isabellas in his daycare class (8 kids total!) and one of them is called Izzy.  Go for it if you love it, and are ok with her being Izzy (insert last name initial here).  By the way, I had the same issue when choosing girls names (before finding out I was having a boy).  I love Sophia but I didn't like the idea of her being Sophie B. the rest of her life. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it and the fact that it is a significant name to your family makes me love it even more for you!  I say go for it!  :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mel1987mel1987 member
    Would you be upset if you didn't use it? I knew when I named my daughter Natalie that it was popular, but I love it so much and couldnt imagine not using it.
  • Options
    Mae208Mae208 member
    Ladies thank you ladies so much for the input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"