July 2012 Moms
Options

Ergo or backpack carrier or umbrella stroller?

Ladies,
I need some advice. I've seen posts asking a similar question on different boards but they don't really answer the question I have. I'm taking Patrick on some big trips this summer Boise, ID and Boston and am wondering how to easily carry him as we travel. For the Boston trip he and I will be flying across country by ourselves and I'm trying to plan ahead and get the supplies I need.

In a big city, would you rather carry LO in a backpack carrier, ergo, or an umbrella stroller?

Patrick is super active and loves to see everything so I'm wondering if he wouldn't be able to see enough in the ergo or that he wouldn't be comfortable enough in the backpack. I'm also wondering if since he's 10 months old now it's not worth buying the ergo since we already have a britax carrier.

We'll be in Boston for a week so do I need a carrier and an umbrella stroller?

Sorry that this is long but I'm already nervous to be flying with him alone. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ergo or backpack carrier or umbrella stroller?

• Options
    If you plan to take public transportation, you should absolutely take some sort of carrier, as you're gonna find it difficult (impossible, actually) to navigate baby in the stroller into and out of stations.  I would take the Ergo (wear him in it in the airport) and an umbrella stroller.
  • Options
    versedversed member
    I vote ergo as well - especially since a lot of Boston is cobblestone (at least Faneuil Hall). I always have such an easier time with the ergo over the stroller. As pp said, navigating the T will be a million times easier, too. DS is starting to like the back carry more and the view from back there - 10m is definitely not to late for the purchase. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used an Ergo w Caleb until he was 18mon. It's fantastic for travel. I vote that you buy an Ergo and travel w it. If you find you need an umbrella stroller, buy one at target or Walmart. They're only $20 or so
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"