May 2013 Moms
Options

STMs: False Labor?

Any of you STMs having a lot of false labor? I mean, I have contractions all.the.time all.day.long and it is so exhausting! Anywhere from 3-8 min apart. So tired. Going in for a check later today just to make sure baby is not stressed out and it's not an infection...or just early/practice labor!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com

Re: STMs: False Labor?

• Options

Well...with my first I had the normal Braxton Hicks, but nothing that I would call a REAL timeable contraction until the day I went into labor.  Of course as a first time Mom you really have no idea what a real contraction is until you feel it.

As a second time mom I have had quite a few timeable contractions...mainly at night.  Today they have been off and on all day...getting a bit more intense but still really far apart...not sure if you consider that false labor or not.

I am having a repeat c-section on May 15th, so have declined internals so I have no idea if these contractions are doing anything other than make me uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I have the same thing. I have contractions pretty much all day long, everyday, and then it intensifies at night. They are generally just the non-painful BH, but I've had a few that have hurt and several "is this it?" moments - and then nothing. I thought for sure when I had my weekly check this week that I would be really dilated because of all these contractions, but I was only 2-3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like I'm having a TON more with this baby than last time. I was just check yesterday and am only 1 cm but it is really annoying.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I could have written this verbatum last night. 9 hours last night of contractions...max being 17 and hour then "calming down" at 7 an hour. I went in to see my doc today just to get some peace of mind but things fizzled out. I also had 11.5 hours worth of contractions at 33 week and thankfully it WAS false labor then too. I just found out LO flipped from breech so now I am less stressed about all these contractions. Still, it's exhausting and I hope this isn't my new norm for 4ish weeks! Oof! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"