August 2013 Moms

Driving

When did or will everyone stop driving? Sad to say that I'm 25 and I don't have my full license.. During my teenage years I wasn't very responsible and went on a bad path for a couple years and wasn't able to get my license.

Anyways, We live fairly close in town and I usually walk to the grocery stores with DS during the day my husband definitely drives though! I have my Learners and I plan on still driving and hopefully getting my N at least before the baby comes so it will be easier to get around with two little ones. When did you stop driving? Or feel it was to unsafe for you to drive?
photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

Re: Driving

• Why would we stop driving? People don't stop driving because they are pregnant, that's just silly.

• imageMommyAmes2:
    Why would we stop driving? People don't stop driving because they are pregnant, that's just silly.

Omg this!! 

imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • after my c-section when I was still on the pain meds
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • kcox123kcox123 member

Yeah.. No judgement on your situation/past but why do you assume pregnant women ever stop driving?  I know women who have c-sections are supposed to refrain from driving for a bit after birth, but beyond that...? 

This is my fourth and I never stopped driving.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekcox123:
    Yeah.. No judgement on your situation/past but why do you assume pregnant women ever stop driving? nbsp;I know women who have csections are supposed to refrain from driving for a bit after birth, but beyond that...?nbsp;This is my fourth and I never stopped driving.

Lol ok I didn't explain ANYTHING very well haha. I just MEANT with your bump. My friend was wayyy to uncomfortable to drive and her doc had told her not to drive. I didn't mean no one who is pregnant at any point shouldn't drive lol. I asked if you did stop driving or when??
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • They only say don't do it when you're having contractions and most can't after a c section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageKatieR2310:
    imagekcox123:
    Yeah.. No judgement on your situation/past but why do you assume pregnant women ever stop driving? nbsp;I know women who have csections are supposed to refrain from driving for a bit after birth, but beyond that...?nbsp;This is my fourth and I never stopped driving.
    Lol ok I didn't explain ANYTHING very well haha. I just MEANT with your bump. My friend was wayyy to uncomfortable to drive and her doc had told her not to drive. I didn't mean no one who is pregnant at any point shouldn't drive lol. I asked if you did stop driving or when??

This is my third. I moved my seat back when my bump got big. I have never heard of anyone's doctor telling them to stop driving because of bump size!

• I plan on stopping when my belly gets to big and my feet can't reach the pedals. Honestly, i'm not that far from it. I have always had short legs. Im 5'4 but, my torso is long, and, well, my legs are short. So, drive until you feel you can no longer feel that you can drive safely.
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageMommyAmes2:

This is my third. I moved my seat back when my bump got big. I have never heard of anyone's doctor telling them to stop driving because of bump size!

Same here. I was driving the day before I delivered. 

imageimageimageimage

• LJR 84LJR 84 member
    Huh? My bump has never gotten too big to drive.
  • I'm a few weeks away from having to stop driving, actually.  I drive a standard... and have short limbs.  My seat is pushed as far back as I can go while still being able to clutch fully.  So, I'm thinking probably around 30 weeks or so?

It totally depends on your build... apparently most women have no issues with that at all.

There are also medical reasons for some women to stop - I had a friend that developped gestational epilepsy (VERY rare), and some women that have blood pressure problems and pass out without warning... things like that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamarissa85:
    imageMommyAmes2:

Same here. I was driving the day before I delivered. 

I drove on the way to the hospital for my RCS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Um maybe when I'm in labor? As long as I can fit into my car, I'll be driving myself around.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • I actually pretty much stopped driving once I hit 38 weeks with #1.  I'm short and have short legs so it was hard for me to reach the pedals without being squished up against the wheel. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Never stopped driving while pregnant with DD, and I drove standard back then. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJill9288:
    Um maybe when I'm in labor? As long as I can fit into my car, I'll be driving myself around.

^^This^^

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • The only time I stopped driving was after baby and I think that was for 2-3 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRissaAnnmaria562:
    I plan on stopping when my belly gets to big and my feet can't reach the pedals. Honestly, i'm not that far from it. I have always had short legs. Im 5'4 but, my torso is long, and, well, my legs are short. So, drive until you feel you can no longer feel that you can drive safely.

this exactly, but i'm 5'2". I tend to sit closer to the wheel because my legs can't reach, so once my bump reaches the wheel, I'll have to stop. DH drives me everywhere I need to go anyway because he's paranoid 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageJNL$LSM:
    My Sis drove herself the hospital when she was having contractions. She honestly did not know they were contractions, everyone was like you drove yourself. LOL

I'm totally afraid that I am going to do this! I think I've been watching too many episodes of "I didn't know I was pregnant". 

• I have to take my N test in July and I'm super nervous about my belly being too big. I will drive as long as I can reach the pedals. I'm the only driver since my husband is visually impaired so hopefully it won't ever be a problem.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • imageMommyAmes2:
    Why would we stop driving? People don't stop driving because they are pregnant, that's just silly.

Yep.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • I drove until I delivered. I literally drove myself to the hospital. Went to the Dr. for a routine check, found out the back pain I was having all night were contractions, and then drove down the road to the hospital. No drama, no issue. Unless you have a medical reason not to drive, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to drive the entire time.

• imageJill9288:
    Um maybe when I'm in labor? As long as I can fit into my car, I'll be driving myself around.

This.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have long legs, so probably never.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I might stop driving when I'm 80. Maybe. But that's only if I'm driving into curbs and things.
  • imagejanneann1127:
    I might stop driving when I'm 80. Maybe. But that's only if I'm driving into curbs and things.

Or pedestrians, don't want to run over the pedestrians.

• imageMrsWahidi:

imageJNL$LSM:
    My Sis drove herself the hospital when she was having contractions. She honestly did not know they were contractions, everyone was like you drove yourself. LOL

I'm totally afraid that I am going to do this! I think I've been watching too many episodes of "I didn't know I was pregnant".&nbsp;

This! I'm also concerned that I'm going to have to drive myself to the hospital in the event that DH is not available. Don't know why I'm concerned because its not like he isn't available now, but just the irrational fear if being alone and having to go myself.
  • I drove up until 41 weeks last time. I had DS on 41 weeks exactly.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"