April 2013 Moms

Disability

For ladies who have filed for disability how many weeks until u recieved your benefits
Not sure if states make a difference but im from jersey

Re: Disability

• I filed 3/22... Still haven't seen mine. I'm in ca. 
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • imagemelandjames14:
    imageMichmax11:
    I got my first check in the mail the Friday following delivery. LO was born on 4/2 and first check was here 4/5. My STD is being processed through a company called Unum.
    Mine is through Unum also but I was told I wouldn't get anything until the 6 weeks were up. I guess it's different everywhere?

I also had to process mine through Unum. I received a check from them, but was also advised that even though they approved my disability, I had to file with the state of New Jersey because they deduct benefits. My company is really slow with this so I am still waiting for paperwork from them before I can actually file with the state. My daughter was born on 4/18.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I havw aflac and I got mine yesterday. . lo was born 4/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i still haven't received mine either. Baby girl was born on 4/12 and i filed with met life
  • I'm in NJ and I filed short term Disability with the state. They received the application on 4/5 and mailed my approval on 4/10. With NJ they mail you a prepaid debit card, not a check. Every two weeks they load the card with your payment. I got my first payment loaded on 4/17. Oh you can also go to a website to check on your payment status. I forget the site but just Google NJ state disability status You have to make an account but then it tells you your status and whenever a payment is made.
    Sorry for punctuation on Mobile.
  • I'm in VA and filed before I had DS, so they just had to call and confirm details the day I was released from the hospital. I was shocked when I got my first check a few days later, they were on the ball!
  • I'm in GA and mine is through CIGNA from my employer. I filed back in Feb, DD was born 3/31 and I started receiving mine 2 weeks before my EDD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"