Baby Names
Options

Boy name

My granddaddy was the greatest man I've ever known. His name was Stacy Lamar, Sr. My uncle's name is Stacy Lamar (Mark) Jr. My name is Stacy Marie... Would it be okay for me to name my son Stacy Lamar?? Also, what nicknames could I use?

Re: Boy name

• Options
    I'm not a huge fan of juniors, so I would give my child their own name and use Stacy as a mn. Also, I wouldn't want to have the same name as my mother especially if I was a boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    saham07saham07 member

I think it is fine and kind of cool

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBlondangel:
    I'm not a huge fan of juniors, so I would give my child their own name and use Stacy as a mn. Also, I wouldn't want to have the same name as my mother especially if I was a boy.

I agree!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    I think between you and your Uncle the name has been honored quite a bit already. I think a boy with the same name as his mother could get teased a lot. Maybe use Stacy as the mn or continue Lamar as the mn with a different fn. Saw your other post. Why not name him Logan Lamar or Logan Stacy if you plan to call him Logan anyway?
  • Options

imagecaittozer:
    I think between you and your Uncle the name has been honored quite a bit already. I think a boy with the same name as his mother could get teased a lot. Maybe use Stacy as the mn or continue Lamar as the mn with a different fn. Saw your other post. Why not name him Logan Lamar or Logan Stacy if you plan to call him Logan anyway?

All of this. I'm not a huge fan of family names as it is, so I may be a little bias, but I think the name has been honored enough. I also agree with another PP that having the same name as your mom for a boy would be kinda weird. I know that you and he will both know that he's not named after you and you're both actually named after your grandfather. But that won't be apparent to others, and you'll spend a lot of time explaining.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    I don't like the idea of juniors and passing a name down, but I do love the idea of honoring someone who was the "greatest man [you've] ever known."  Because that's much more than just passing down a name.  Given your own name, I think it's a lovely idea to use Stacy as a middle name for your son.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"