Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Which gas drops work best for you?

My baby is 2 weeks old and pretty fussy at time. I switched to gas and fussy similac formula cause she was having pretty bad screaming night of gas pain. Now we are going through a cluster feeding period where she wont sleep and constantly wants to eat. However she cries out of now where during her sleep when she farts or when she doesn't want the pacifier or to be fed. I am assuming the simethicone drops I am giving her aren't working. Are there any other suggestions? Gripe water?

Also, Has anyone tried to Enfamil Soothing formula?

Re: Which gas drops work best for you?

• Options
    My cousin swears by Gripe water...the only kind she used was sold at an Indian store. She said within an hour of giving them the gripe water they would start passing gas and feeling better. They are all natural and nothing harmful in them for your LO. Plus the kind at Indian store didn't have to be refrigerated and her LO would keep it down easier since it wasn't so cold.
  • Options
    We switched to the Enfamil Gentlease formula.  She still has lots of "toots" but she is not crying anymore when she has them.  I have also noticed less burps.  This formula seems to sit better in her tummy (although her diapers are a little more interesting  Yuck!)  Bought some PediaSure gas drops just in case but haven't needed to use them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Little Tummies and LO seems to feel better. We use gripe water for hiccups but I know it has other uses on the bottle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSPIJaimie:
    We use Little Tummies and LO seems to feel better. We use gripe water for hiccups but I know it has other uses on the bottle.

This. Isn't it amazing how gripe water works on hiccups?! Literally by the time I finish the dropper in his mouth they're gone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Is that something I can get over the counter as well?
  • Options
    My DD is almost 4 weeks old and has had really bad gas problems since week 1, partially because of lactose sensitivity.  We switched her to soy formula which helped, but still has bad gas, and really frequent, really runny stools.  To help with the gas, I put a few drops of Oval in her bottles.  I found it works much better to break up the gas bubbles than the gripe water did.  It is like Mylocin.  Its a simethicone product.  I am in Ontario, Canada though so I'm not sure if you have Oval drops in your location.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Generic from Target (Up &Up). Works like a charm!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    Biogaia drops worked for us. It's a probiotic that our pedi recommended.
  • Options
    ammcammc member
    Are you sure it's gas and not reflux? Maybe she is burping up sour milk that bothers her...  We switched to Enfamil Gentlease and have a script for Zantac... Equals one happy baby.  we don't even use the mylicon drops anymore.
  • Options
    jglenn4jglenn4 member

imagejgoetz:):
    Biogaia drops worked for us. It's a probiotic that our pedi recommended.

This.  It's expensive but we have a brand new baby after she started taking it. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"