November 2012 Moms
Options

breaking swaddle woes

So LO has been swaddled since she was born. The other night I went in for her MOTN  feeding and she was face down! No more swaddle for her. Last night we tried with one arm out. She slept from 7:30 to 1:30 which is actually not a bad stretch, but then she was up every 30 minutes to an hour from 2:30 to 5 when I got up and then DH texts me to say she got up every 15-20 minutes after that. Urgh. Poor DH has to try to deal with awake baby while trying to get ready for work. She normally sleeps from 7:30ish to 3:30ish and then when she gets back to sleep, sleeps until 7am or so when DH gets her up to go to daycare. Hoping this goes better tonight! Any words of wisdom? Will it get better?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: breaking swaddle woes

• Options

We went to the Merlin sleep suit at 4mo. when he was breaking the swaddle and could roll over every now and then.  It immediately broke him of the swaddle.  But, in retrospect, I wish we had gone cold turkey and not done the Merlin.

Now, we are weaning off the Merlin bc F has discovered the joys of tummy sleeping.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I know it will get better someday...just wish it could be easier. Guess I shouldn't complain too much cause she did a 6 hour stretch, but I was spoiled with 8-10 hour stretches leading up to that. So glad there are only 3 weeks of school left! Summer break is going to be awesome and it won't matter if I am sleep deprived!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

When we stopped swaddling, H started sleeping on his stomach. He sleeps great that way.

It took him 3 nights to adjust, but we were also doing sleep training at the same time.

Good luck!

^^ same. Maybe you have a tummy sleeper.

• Options
    We started using the Halo sleep sack with both arms out and he sleeps so great with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    GargitaGargita member
    I tried w/H a few weeks ago and it was awful, even tho he's always slept with 1 arm out. Then he got a pretty bad cold, so he was unswaddled in the RnP for a few nights. I put him back in the crib unswaddled, and BAM! We're swaddlefree.

image   My chart 

• Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    I've been using the halo Sleepsack with his arms out, but if he seems restless I still go ahead and wrap his arms... then again, B isn't rolling consistently yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"