Stay at Home Moms
Options

s/o Mother's Day

Does your DH get you a gift? Assuming your kids are too young to know what day it is and aren't giving you something.

DH has just finally gotten good at getting Christmas and Birthday gifts. He barely remembers his mom's birthday and wouldn't think of giving her something if I didn't do it for him. So, no. I am not expecting anything. Also, I get that I am not his mother. Last year I used Mother's Day as an excuse to buy new shoes.

Q :  06.25.10
W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

Re: s/o Mother's Day

• Options
    DH does not buy me a gift but my older kids usually make me something in school and give it to me for Mothers Day.

We always buy our mom's gifts and visit with them on Mothers Day weekend. It is more about them than me. My first Mother's Day I was all bent out of shape because I spent the whole weekend shopping for our moms and visiting with them but then I grew up and realized our moms won't be around forever. My MIL usually gets me a gift though cause she is sweet like that!
  • Options
    Not usually. As I said in the other post, I never expect gifts on special days. (That being said, it's not that DH doesn't give me gifts. It's just that they come randomly, not on days society deems as special.)

Therefore, I assume that our children won't even when they are old enough. 

Personally, I don't get the "I'm not his mother" argument. To me, it's a day to honor all mothers who are special to you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He normally gets me a small gift from him and the kids, last year it was new earrings. I told him all I want this year is to actually sleep in, not wake up with the baby and then try to go back to sleep when DH is up, and breakfast in bed.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    He usually does, but I said not to this year. I wan to take two huge family vacations next year so we are saving for that. We are doing lunch at my favorite restaurant and it is the first time we have taken the kids with us so I am excited for that. The kids will make me gifts at school and preschool.
  • Options
    He usually plans an outing and/or a meal out. We don't celebrate on Mother's Day because he has to work. Same for Father's Day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not really. He more let's me go do something I want. This year I'm getting a spa package. It's an hour massage, an hour facial, and a mani/ pedi. I get wine and fruit while I'm there. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options

I guess technically he got me a gift last year. I sent him a link to what I wanted last year (a little necklace with a pearl and two heart charms with his initial in one and DS's in the other.) I likely would have got nothing had I not emailed him exactly what I wanted.

This year I told him I want to get a facial or a massage, but I know he hasn't organized it yet so I'll have to remind him. Probably multiple times.

He is a horrible gift giver. I buy all the gifts for our families. I've learned to not get my hopes up and to just tell him what I want if I want to get anything.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    lisamoelisamoe member

Last year I got a "Mom" charm for my Pandora bracelet.

This year, I've been saying I want to get a prenatal massage.  I'm thinking this is what I'm going to do for myself.  I asked DH not to get me anything, because I will do this for myself for mothers day this year

• Options
    Yes. Since DS was too young to actually pick anything out last year DH went and bought me a few things and just put DS and SS names on it. This year I think he is taking DS with him to "pick" something out. He will also get me a card from him for being his kids mom. We also go to church and then brunch with my mom, dad and brothers. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options
    Nope.  If he lets me sleep in that day...I am good!  He is not my child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sometimes, if he knows there is something I would really love, he will get me a gift.  Our anniversary was earlier this week so it is always close to MD.  A couple years ago he arranged a sitter and we went to a Phillies game.  He gave me a gorgeous cocktail ring from my favorite jewelry store.  That was an anniversary - MD combo

But I don't mind if he doesn't - I know how much he appreciates me.  I would rather him only do it if he has something really great in mind.  He feels bad this year because he has to work.  

I do the same on FD - if I come up with a great idea I will get it, but there is no pressure 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"