December 2012 Moms
Options

NBR Cleaning Products

I have been reading the Environmental Working Group ratings for cleaning products and I have officially freaked myself out and my husband is ready to take away my Internet access. The All Free and Clear I have been using has a rating of F. Actually many of the products we use have very poor ratings. It's going to take some time to find better alternatives that are not prohibitively expensive and still work well. Anyone else becoming increasingly concerned about the products they are using?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: NBR Cleaning Products

• Options
    I think I had a mini freak out the first time that I looked at their website. :D As you use up the cleaning supplies that you have, replace as you go with items that rank better.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    Yeah, I had a mini freak out 20 min ago when I looked up my shampoo. It's organic so I used it on LO since hers ran out, but its rated a 4! At least her stuff is 1 so I'll make sure to have it on hand now. The cleaner list didn't scare me as much because I mostly use vinegar or castile soap. But I'm definitely switching dishwasher detergent now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I somehow don't know about this list.  Could you please post a link?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options

I haven't checked this out yet, but I will.  Right now, I am actually working on purging our cupboards of all GMO foods (foods containing genetically modified ingrediets).  That sh** is scary!

I actually got a super cool app on my phone this weekend called Fooducate.  You can scan the bar codes of anything at the grocery store and it will give you a rating, tell you if it contains GMOs, artificial sweeteners, etc., and then it gives you healthier alternatives if you want.  I have been scanning everything in the kitchen.  I am obsessed!  Lol.

• Options
    imagejac409:

I haven't checked this out yet, but I will.  Right now, I am actually working on purging our cupboards of all GMO foods (foods containing genetically modified ingrediets).  That sh** is scary!

I actually got a super cool app on my phone this weekend called Fooducate.  You can scan the bar codes of anything at the grocery store and it will give you a rating, tell you if it contains GMOs, artificial sweeteners, etc., and then it gives you healthier alternatives if you want.  I have been scanning everything in the kitchen.  I am obsessed!  Lol.

I am totally going and downloading this app now!

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options

imageSingleMom31:
    I somehow don't know about this list.  Could you please post a link?

www.ewg.org

They have a cosmetic, a sunscreen, and a cleaning database.

• Options
    This is one of the reasons why we make our own! :) Invest in some bulk vinegar, baking soda, borax and tea tree oil and you'll have cleaning supplies for ages and won't spend nearly as much as you will buying cleaning products.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBrittanyDoesDerby:
    This is one of the reasons why we make our own! : Invest in some bulk vinegar, baking soda, borax and tea tree oil and you'll have cleaning supplies for ages and won't spend nearly as much as you will buying cleaning products.

Is there a website or book you recommend that explains how to use these items to clean? I have only ever used store bought sprays and such.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/category/homemadesolution/cleaning

There are a number of DIY options for various cleaners on this site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"