January 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Nightmares?

My LO woke last night at 11:30 totally crying and screaming. I grabbed him up and checked everything, he had recently been fed, etc. He was inconsolable until 3 in the morning!

We had been outside most of the day at the March for babies, so I checked to see if there was any hidden sunburn, but nothing wrong on his body. Tried some gas drops, etc. nothing helped. We were going to take him to the ER when he finally started to settle a little.

I was crying myself because he was so upset.

I know there were many things that can make babies upset and cry like that, but this was soo different.

He has no outward signs of teething, and has been fine all day so far, so probably not that.

We sorta think he may have had a nightmare or something, can babies have scary dreams? I haven't hit up Google or anything. Anyone else have an experience like this? I'm still a little shook up myself!

Re: Baby Nightmares?

• Options
    I know night terrors can happen in toddlers... so...maybe?
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, I don't think they have nightmares. They don't have the capacity to really have fears yet.  its mostly instinctual at this point.   It could be a lot of things. Maybe a painful gas bubble.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even though there are no outward signs of teething, it could have been that. Our little one does not have whitecaps yet but she has had 2 inconsolable episodes where we ended up giving her teething tabs and she settled right down.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure DD has nightmares. Sometimes she wakes up from a dead sleep and just absolutely screams. Like you said, nothing is wrong and she calms down after a couple minutes and goes back to sleep. She's never screamed for hours like that, sounds like something might have been wrong. I don't know, that's scary.
  • Options
    imagekatiebird1127:
    My LO woke last night at 11:30 totally crying and screaming. I grabbed him up and checked everything, he had recently been fed, etc. He was inconsolable until 3 in the morning!

We had been outside most of the day at the March for babies, so I checked to see if there was any hidden sunburn, but nothing wrong on his body. Tried some gas drops, etc. nothing helped. We were going to take him to the ER when he finally started to settle a little.

I was crying myself because he was so upset.

I know there were many things that can make babies upset and cry like that, but this was soo different.

He has no outward signs of teething, and has been fine all day so far, so probably not that.

We sorta think he may have had a nightmare or something, can babies have scary dreams? I haven't hit up Google or anything. Anyone else have an experience like this? I'm still a little shook up myself!

Update: he slept for 4 hours straight today at daycare, otherwise he was a happy boy. Maybe it was bad gas... I still have momanxiety!
  • Options
    i am having a similar experience tonight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"