Multiples
Options

placenta previa

ok, sorry for all of the posts, I randomly have a ton of questions.

during my anatomy scan last week, they showed that baby b was presenting, and I have placenta previa, which they've never noticed before. the doctor is now having me be checked every 2 weeks, but didn't say to not exercise or anything, and didnt' seem worried at all. this was a peri, I've decided to get all my scans with them instead of at my normal office, which my doctor agreed to.

anyway, anyone experience this? what did your doctor do or recommend?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: placenta previa

• Options
    I was also told this at my 20 week a/s. The MFM doc said it is very common and he expected it to move up in the next month or so. It had moved up by my 22 week scan!  :)
  • Options

imagekellibelle0417:
    I was also told this at my 20 week a/s. The MFM doc said it is very common and he expected it to move up in the next month or so. It had moved up by my 22 week scan!  :)

ALL of this. I have marginal pp or a low lying placenta (depending on who you ask. OB says marginal, MFM says low lying) but it will move up.

NPR: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! :) This is the first time I have seen you post in about a week and YGPM!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was found early on due to bleeding .... my dr put me on modified bedrest! It resolved by 20 weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ghlghl member
    I had complete previa and it was found during the 20 wk anatomy scan. Initially, my MFM was not overly concerned. I was put on pelvic rest but no other activity restrictions. He figured most cases do resolve. I continued to have ultrasounds every 4 weeks. The previa did not resolve. I remained on pelvic rest, but again no other significant activity restrictions, just to use common sense to not overdo it. Because the previa did not resolve, I was scheduled for a C-section at 36 weeks, and was told to let them know if there was any bleeding at all at any time or if at any point I felt contractions. I started bleeding at 35 wks, with no other issues. We were sent to the hospital and they delivered my babies that day. The biggest risk w/ previa is hemorrhaging but the C-section had no significant complications, and thankfully we were far enough along that both babies were healthy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with marginal pp after a bleeding scare at 16w. I had spotting on and off throughout 2nd tri. I was placed on pelvic rest and lifting restrictions after the initial diagnosis. It resolved somewhere in the early 30s. I did have a c/s, but it was due to Baby B's position and both babies' IUGR.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"