April 2013 Moms
Options

Pumping

Baby was born via c section after induction failed after a 23 hour labor...42413. My milk has just started coming in. We had to stay an extra day in the hospital due to her losing weight. We supplemented in the hospital. I've been pumping as well. How long should you pump? It seems that after 1015 minutes on each breast that I am done producing. How you get to enough to feed the baby entirely?
Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pumping

• Options
    If you pump 10-15 minutes every 2-3 hours, you should begin to see more being produced.  It really is all about supply and demand.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    try massaging your breasts as you pump.  sometimes there is milk trapped and the flow will start up again.  try pumping a few extra minutes after flow stops to increase production.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, reading in some posts about pumping for an hour straight seemed ridiculous
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that you should pump for a few minutes after the milk stops flowing. That signals your body to start making more milk.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    You can hit the let down button after your flow has stopped to stimulate another let down. Also, google Stanford breast compression pumping to see a video about massage techniques to increase your output.
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"