June 2013 Moms
Options

Numbness

Does anyone else have random numbness throughout the day/night? I have been waking up in pain every night for a week with pins and needles and then shooting pains in my right fingers, hand and arm. Also sometimes during the day while I'm trying to write my hand will go numb. It's pretty miserable. Anybody else?
Mama to Sophie Virginia
born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

Re: Numbness

• Options
    This happens to me at night almost every night now. My hands are constantly falling asleep and waking me up. It's painful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My arms fall asleep a lot from sleeping on my side (can't wait to sleep on my tummy again!!) but it doesn't usually hurt. Do you think it could be pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome?
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It happens to me a lot too.  I asked my dr. about it at the last visit, and she said the baby is probably the baby pushing on a nerve.  She told me to just change positions more often, which, of course, is WAY easier said than done while sleeping.  But she also said that it is nothing to be alarmed about. 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    It sounds like carpal tunnel to me. I had it pretty bad with my first pregnancy, but so far I haven't experienced it this time around (fingers crossed it stays away!) I would wake up every morning with very sore, swollen, and sometimes numb hands. They were so sore that I could barely bend my fingers and couldn't make a fist. I'd have to soak them in ice water for relief, and squeezing a stress ball helped some too.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageMegStory17:
    It happens to me a lot too.  I asked my dr. about it at the last visit, and she said the baby is probably the baby pushing on a nerve.  She told me to just change positions more often, which, of course, is WAY easier said than done while sleeping.  But she also said that it is nothing to be alarmed about. 
    OMG. Rolling over is the worst freaking thing ever. Seriously. And yes, I've had numbness. If I sit too long my toes start to tingle. Super annoying.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    I found that my limbs start to "fall asleep" a lot easier then the used to. If I'm in a position that used to cause pins & needles after 1/2 an hour it will now start after 5 minutes. I just assumed its because of changes in circulation, but never asked my OB about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah.  It's been especially bad since my hands started to be more swollen (it's been a slow loss of ability to wear my rings for the last couple weeks).  I find I have to flex my hands a lot when I wake up with tingling fingers to make it go away - but so far, it seems to be working.  I plan on asking my OB about it next visit, even though I'm pretty sure it's just pregnancy carpal tunnel.  Boo.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"