May 2013 Moms
Options

Prepping Pacifiers

Did you just wash them w/ soap and water?  Did you boil them or run them through the dishwasher (depending on the material, of course)?  

Re: Prepping Pacifiers

• Options
    I was just about to post the same thing .. great minds think alike! One of the last things i have to do is prep the pacifiers and im stuck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

imagepavlovic7:
    I was just about to post the same thing .. great minds think alike! One of the last things i have to do is prep the pacifiers and im stuck!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I bet it says on the package, but I'm too lazy to walk upstairs and look... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was JUST looking at our packs of pacifiers and wondered the same thing. I'll probably just soak them in warm soapy water unless someone has a different recommendation.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options
    We are handwashing then steam bagging in the microwave. But, we are opposite what most everyone else seems to be on that...we always wash first, then boil/steam.
  • Options
    I have a sterilizer so I just put them in there when I was doing the bottles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I boiled all ours when we did bottles and nipples too!
  • Options
    imagetuffytiff:

This
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just sterilized them in my microwave sterilizer
  • Options
    imagecromie713:
    imageJohnsonShmonson:
    imagetuffytiff:

This

Yep same here

Same here! Though the microwave bags would be just as effective.
  • Options
    I washed the bottles then when I boiled them afterward I just threw the pacis in with them but didn't wash those first.
  • Options
    The ones I bought said to boil them
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageMotherMayEye:
    We are handwashing then steam bagging in the microwave. But, we are opposite what most everyone else seems to be on that...we always wash first, then boil/steam.

This. I washed them first and then boiled them for 5 minutes. 

TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just today hand washed all the pacifiers, bottles, and bottle parts. I just used regular dish soap... Now you've all got me wondering if that was okay! I didn't think to do it any other way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MmW36MmW36 member
    I have a few different brands, and the directions for each said to boil them. 
  • Options
    Medela steam bags are awesome!  I use them to sterilize pump parts & pacifiers.  Although honestly after awhile I get lazy and just wash things and don't even worry about sterilizing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I've always boiled them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagestacia601:
    imageJohnsonShmonson:
    imagetuffytiff:

This

Third this

Fourth
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad i read this, because I didn't even THINK about prepping the pacifiers (or my damn bottles, for that matter). I completely forgot that those exist, and probably would have freaked the eff out once I realized I didn't have it done.

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

imageBabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imageJohnsonShmonson:
    imagetuffytiff:
    This

Same here! 

• Options
    We just washed them with dish soap right out of the package.  They have been washed again a million times since then since my boys are always picking them up or dropping them on the floor or whatever.  
  • Options
    imageJohnsonShmonson:
    imagetuffytiff:

This

Same here, the packaging said to boil so that's what I did.
  • Options
    I washed them and then boiled them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMommaG123:
    Medela steam bags are awesome!  I use them to sterilize pump parts & pacifiers.  Although honestly after awhile I get lazy and just wash things and don't even worry about sterilizing.

I only sterilize for the first month or so, too.

• Options
    imagetuffytiff:

Yep, this.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just run them through the dishwasher
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The ones that we got say to boil them for 2-5 minutes prior to first use, but after that to just wash them by hand with warm water and mild soap. I'm probably just going to throw them in the boiling water when I'm sterilizing our glass bottles for the first time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetuffytiff:

yep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMmW36:
    I have a few different brands, and the directions for each said to boil them.nbsp;

This. I boiled everything yesterday.
  • Options
    In our childcare class the nursesaid to boil them for 2-3 minutes before using them for the first time. After that, you can just wash them in the dishwasher or with soap and water. It's the same with bottles.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Probably a dumb question, but where do you ladies put the bottles/nipples/pacis after sterilizing them to make sure they're good to go?  If in a waterproof/airtight container, do you boil/sterilize the container first too?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"