September 2013 Moms
Options

Lower ab pain/discomfort

I've been having lower ab pain for the last few days. I thought maybe I'd overdone it during a workout or something so I took the day off, but still feeling it. Called the dr on call and they thought because my stomach has really been growing a lot the last two weeks it could be irritating my scar from my first c section. She said not to worry unless I experience spotting. Thankfully I have my ultrasound on Wednesday:) doing my best not to worry. Laying in bed about to watch some psych, and praying lots!

Re: Lower ab pain/discomfort

• Options
    I was having quite a bit of lower ab pain this morning. Not severe, but frequent and noticeably uncomfortable. Mine went away after drinking more water. Listen to your doc, no spotting = no worrying! Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am having the same thing happen. I dont recall it ever being this bad with my previous pregnancies and this time around I am sure its due to the twins. For me it almost feels like I have a bruise if that makes sense. Very tender when I walk, try to get up, and bending down.

I agree with the PP and your doc, try not to worry unless you start spotting or bleeding.

• Options

I also  had lower abdominal cramping yesterday, but it wasn't painful. My lower uterus would tighten for 30 secs, then relax and only occurred sporadically during the day. I drank a lot of water and relaxed, the symptoms resolved.  I was wondering if they could be Braxton hicks? Hope you feel better. 

TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageJocelynB0911:

I am having the same thing happen. I dont recall it ever being this bad with my previous pregnancies and this time around I am sure its due to the twins. For me it almost feels like I have a bruise if that makes sense. Very tender when I walk, try to get up, and bending down.

I agree with the PP and your doc, try not to worry unless you start spotting or bleeding.

Not having twins and this is my first.  Very tender tummy for at least a couple of weeks now.  I really wasn't expecting this because no one talks about it.  I knew women's bellies stretched during pregnancy but I guess I didn't realize the pain associated with it.  Its like doing too many sit ups after having several days of severe coughing/vomiting that already made your abs sore and then having a bruise on top of that.  It hurts to bend or use my stomach muscles in any way.

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Options
    I have noticed that my incision area had become tender over the last couple of weeks.   It does feel different from uterine cramping or round ligament pain.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"