November 2012 Moms
Options

Natural Family Planning

Does anyone do this while TTA?  I'm curious if this is real life, and who's been successful, or maybe is here because they were not so successful.

FI and I are taking a class as part of our marriage prep, and I'm fascinated.  But I also don't want 10 children.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Natural Family Planning

• Options

imageuconnhuskie007:
    how does that work?  like, pulling out?  cuz, we do that.  HAHAHAH.  TMI Thursday anyone?<
  • Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imageironmo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used this for over a year before TTC. Not for religious reasons, but because I hated the pill and DH doesn't like condoms very much. It worked really well for us, but I was very strict about taking my temp and watching my signs. I would often err on the
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imageironmo
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:
    imageuconnhuskie0
  • Options
    imageMandJS:

Can I just ... point out the irony of being required to take NFP classes when you already have a kid out of

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    imageironmo
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Options
    imagekiraliz2:
    imageuconnhuskie0

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

A bizzare-o cousin of mine does this, and posts about it on FB with links to articles and stuff.  They have three now.  I'm 99% certain their second was a NFP oopsie.

One of my best friends from college is a newly-married, observant

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

We used it while we were trying to get pg.  It worked for us because we knew when to have sex (or not if you're not trying). 

I don't think I'll do it again because my sleep is so interrupted sometimes.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options

IMO, It works best if you are one of those ladies who has regular and predictable cycles.

If you want to know more in depth information you can read Taking charge of your fertility. I got my copy at half price books.  After reading it, I wi

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    imageangielayne926:

We used it while we were trying to get pg.  It worked for us because we knew when to have sex (or not i

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I charted for 18m for ttc.

I had pretty regular cycles (except once, but that is another story) so I pretty much knew when my "go time" was. I also got to learn my signs of upcoming ovulation really well.

I think we could have easily us

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imageBarooGirl:

I charted for 18m for ttc.

I had pretty regular cycles (except once, but that is another story) so I pre

• Options
    I like the idea of it, but not actually doing it. I wouldn't be strict enough to do it everyday.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • Options

imagekiraliz2:
    No. Birth control is the bees knees. This is my biggest issue with the Catholic church.
    <p
  • Options

A teacher my mom works with is a devout catholic as is her husband, so she used NFP, UNTIL she ended up with 5 children in 6 years, now she is on the pill

We used charting temperatures and keeping track of my signs when we were ttc but I cant i

• Options
    imageironmom5:
    imageBarooGirl:</

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I charted to TTA for 2 years before we switched to TTC.  Worked for us.  I'm not doing it now because it is supposed to be less reliable while breastfeeding and having interrupted sleep.  But I'd do it again if it is appropriate later on.

• Options
    DH and I only DTD NFP a day after my AF a few days ago.  Otherwise, condoms - I wasn't charting when we were TTC, but just basic guess work based on my cycle lengths, but turns out my luteal phase is longer, because we got pregnant several days befor

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Options

Thanks all!  We're definitely considering it.  I personally hate how the pill affects me, and it's not even all that effective with my PCOS.  I still get cysts several times a year.

Also, I was on BCP when I got pregnant, so I kn

• Options
    I use NFP as BC since I am a recently converted catholic. I don't use the methods that any of you have. I use the Crighton Model and love it. Basically any time you go to the bathroom or shower you wipe and observe for mucus and what type. Your body produ
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"