February 2013 Moms
Options

"What to expect this week" emails

I'm getting emails on "what your baby should be doing about now" and I've noticed that it seems babies around DS's week should be using their upper body more. But it seems like DS doesn't do much with his upper body. When I do tummy time with him he moves his lower body the whole time, but not so much his upper body. He has particularly good neck control according to most people who meet him and are around other babies his age, but he doesn't reach out for toys or push himself up on his forearms or anything like these emails are making me think he should. Are they just trying to make me paranoid? I know DS is an exceptionally bright child what can I say, I'm particular, but between him not smiling very much usually just when he first wakes up and not showing more interest in the stuff around him, I'm starting to wonder.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: "What to expect this week" emails

• Options

It could just be his personality or some kids develop slower. My brother barely said a peep until he was four when he began to speak in sentences. Then he turned five and we couldn't shut him up to save our lives.

But go ahead and talk to

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second that kids develop at different rates.  I have to remind myself this daily as I have a really bad habit of thinking if J can do it so should S and then I remind myself they are two different people.

My LOs will be 3 months this week

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"