November 2012 Moms
Options

3 hour wash, rinse, repeat

My DD's pediatrician suggested I make sure she ate every 3 hours as an infant, and I also took the advice of EASY on the fly without doing much research about it at the beginning. My DD has stuck to the 3 hour routine since it was implemented and rarely will it alter. Only if we are out and about and she won't sleep even if she is tired. This being said at 5.5 months is this a problem? She only takes 45 minute naps. She doesn't seem over tired during the day. She sleeps thru the night again after the 4 month wakeful knocking on wood right now.
My gut says this is all ok since she is a happy baby for the most part. Are your babies like this? I like the routine because it makes it much easier to figure out what is wrong when she starts fussing. Less guess work. We can be busy doing something and she will start fussing and I'll check the time and realize she's been up for 2 hours and know that she's tired and get her down for a nap. Or if she fusses earlier than that I know it's usually her diaper.
Anyhow, just wondering.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 hour wash, rinse, repeat

• Options

D pretty much has a preferred schedule. I didn't set it, I just noticed his patterns and used it to plan our day.

He is normally up between 7-8 am. Ready for his first nap 1.5 hours later. Then is ready for his next nap around 12:30-1, then nap a

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepersephonerose:
    D pretty much has a preferred schedule. I didn't set it, I just noticed his patterns and used it to plan our day.He
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is us too. K wakes around 745 and is ready for his first nap by 9am. I eat, play, sleep with him. He's ready for his next nap 1.5 to 2 hours after he wakes. 45 minute naps. Usually 4 naps a day, but that last one is a catnap while we walk the dog or
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hallie used to be similar to this. However, she started getting so tired since she was becoming more active that her short naps...hers were only 15 to 20 minutes...weren't cutting it. Now she's on this sched. Up at 8. Eat, change. Nap 10 to 11. Eat change
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepersephonerose:

D pretty much has a preferred schedule. I didn't set it, I just noticed his patterns and used it to plan our d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"