Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Can we chat?

None of my friends want children, so I can't really talk to them. My Mom doesn't think we are having a difficult time, which could be right. But won't even acknowledge that I'm having a hard time with this all.

We are on our 8th month of trying. I have told my friends and family every damn time that I'm always hopeful every month. That I don't get a little depressed until AF shows. Yet not a day goes by where I'm constantly told to "Relax!" "Stop stressing!" These responses usually comes into play after they badger me and ask "You pregnant yet?" "What's taking so long?".

Today, My Mom told me to stop stressing, when I'm not. I finally snapped and told her to do me a favor and read all those articles about What Not To Say To Couples Trying To Get Pregnant, because she constantly says them all! After that, my friend told me I'm a slave to my ovulation. I politely told her that that was the wrong thing to say. Some people are lucky and get pregnant having sex 6 days before ovulation, but I'm not one of the lucky ones.

Do any of you deal with this? I just wish I had someone close to talk to. I at least thought, my Mom would be understanding. Maybe it's because my family is filled with fertile myrtles, and they don't know what to say. But it still sucks! 

May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can we chat?

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I would get very frustrated too. This is precisely the reason why I haven't told anyone that we are trying...because I wouldn't do well hearing people say things like that month after month.
    imageimage

• Options
    This is why I haven't told anyone we are ttc. It would have been an even longer year if I had people commenting constantly!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would stop telling people about TTC. By telling them, you're opening yourself up to opinions and comments.

8 months isn't trouble TTC. It can take up to a year for a healthy couple. Are you charting, using opks?

If not then yo

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options

imagelmills730:
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I would get very frustrated too. This is precisely the reason why I haven't
  • Options

I know 8 months isn't a sign of infertility yet, but it's still hard. Believe me, I chart and and take OPKs. 

I told my mom about us TTC, thinking she could be a help. My friends didn't know at first. But after a year of marriage, I kept get

May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelmills730:
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I would get very frustrated too. This is precisely the reason why I
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    2Dash2Dash member

DH and I haven't told anyone we are TTC#2 and yet everyday someone asks me if we are going to have more kids, give DS a sibling, etc etc.  It is REALLY annoying.  It's not meant to be stressful or mean - but when you are TTC it is.  I ju

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH and I have chosen to tell a few close friends and family members. I choose to tell my parents in particular because we were getting the hard press to start a family. (we have been

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"