Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

XP: Traveling with baby on a schedule

LO is 10 weeks old and in the past few weeks has put himself on a very regular schedule of eating every 3 hours during the day, going down for the night around 9:00 pm and waking up for his first feeding somewhere between 5:00 am and 6:45 am (he takes only a little at this feeding, usually around 3 oz as compared to his normal 5-5.5 oz, and no matter when he wakes for this feeding, he has his "start of the day feeding at 8:00 am, eating every 3 hours after that).

H and I need to travel from MA to NY for a wedding in 2 weeks and are trying to figure out the best approach for making the drive. We'd like to stop as little as possible with an infant (hopefully only once for the 4 1/2 hour drive) and would like to disrupt LO's schedule as little as possible.

Suggestions? Do we stop at his normal feeding times to change him and offer him the bottle even if he is asleep in the car seat? Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated! TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Traveling with baby on a schedule

• Options
    I'm not sure how well you'll be able to plan this one...some babies sleep more when they're in the car. I would just feed him, leave and then stop when he wakes up and wants to be fed again.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    We drove 9 hours when dd1 was 8 weeks old. I sat in the back and fed her in her carseat sometimes and then sometimes he'd just pull over on the side of the road and I'd hurry and pull her out, burp her, and change her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the responses. I guess my worry is that he is on such a good schedule on his own, I don't want to throw that off with our traveling and would rather try to work around it as much as possible. We considered traveling at night, but by the time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard that it takes three days to make a habit and three days to break a habit.  Maybe it wouldn't do too much damage if you broke his schedule for just one day? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"