June 2013 Moms
Options

My 6-week birth class at the hospital got canceled!!!

And I have no other options that I can find in town :(

It was scheduled to start April 15th... a little late since I'm 32 weeks, but we had to take April instead of March due to Passover conflicts with several of the classes.  Now they're suggesting the weekender option, but my husband and I are Sabbath-observant Jews, so that's not an option for us either.

They left a voicemail YESTERDAY about the class being canceled, and both I and my OB called back but no one has returned our calls.  Seriously don't know what to do.

Anyone have any suggestions?  We're in Milwaukee, so I'm looking at other hospitals to see if they'll at least let me take their classes.  I just can't figure out anything.

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: My 6-week birth class at the hospital got canceled!!!

• Options
    With my first I never made it to my birthing class. The doctors and nurses are amazing at keeping you calm and talking you through things. If you don't take a class it's not the end of the world.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    j J
  • Options
    I would google your zip code and birth classes. I am sure other hospitals, doulas, birth centers and sometimes yoga studios (look for prenatal yoga studios) all have birth classes. We have several options around here. The hardest part will be finding some

TTC #1 since Oct. 2010 6 unsuccessful Clomid cycles HSG- clear
    January IUI #1 femara 2.5 mg+ovidrel=BFN
    February IUI#2 Femara 2.5mg+Ovidrel=BFN
    March Femara 2.5mg+Ovidrel+ TI=BFN taking a break from RE
    BFP 10/13/2012 beta #1=280 beta #2=714
    BabyName Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree that you will be fine without the classes. But I took mine at a different hospital than I deliver at. It might just be a slightly larger fee
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yikes! The Destination Maternity Store near our hospital offers classes in conjunction with some of the medical practices in our area- maybe yours might have something?
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options

That's crappy!

i think you will be fine without a class but if its important to you, which I understand because it was to me, you could look at some maternity/ baby stores in your area. I took mine through a store like that - they sell baby cloth

Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• Options

FTM here and I decide to only take the breastfeeding class at my hospital.  That was the only part of this whole process I didn't feel confident about. OK enough about me...:-)

If you can't find another class, I'd keep trying to get in touch

• Options
    imagebrachatzipora:

And I have no other options that I can find in town :(

It was scheduled to start April 15th... a little l

• Options
    We took one online. Just as informative and worked around our schedule.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hypnobabies has a study at home program, so you can do it when you have time.  They just state that it is not a listen only program.  Also in my area SoCal there are a lot of Hypnobabies instructors who do private classes as well so maybe you ca
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"