Secondary IF
Options

Intro

I guess it's time.

After over 2.5 years of trying for LO #2, I figure I can safely say I belong here.

Background: 29, DH 39. Full time mom and employee and student, which of course invites all of my friends and family to tell me to relax and cut back some of my responsibilities so I'm not so stressed. DS is 3.5 and has autism. Stress and worry will follow me no matter how much I have on my plate. 

Had HSG, clear. Lap is next week. Doctor suspects endo because of a history of symptoms which improved when I was on the pill. DH's tests all checked out OK, but his morphology isn't as great as the docs would like to see. Because we already have a child with special needs, we have decided that we are willing to do the diagnostics and the interventions that might make me feel better (like the Lap to make endo symptoms less dreadful for awhile), but that we are not going to do any assisted reproduction. We struggled with this decision because there is no good one. It means we may never have another baby, but going through fertility treatments to bring a child into the world that might have a very difficult life just so we can have another baby is a tough pill to swallow, too. 

At this point, I'm at ease with our decision. I am grateful that we got our miracle before we endured the heartache of infertility, but still working through the idea that we might have to accept our 3-person family as "it." It stings that we have not been able to give DS a sibling, because he so loves to be around other kids even though he has no idea how to interact or play with them. 

I've been a dirty lurker on this board for about a month now, and even though I'm sorry for anyone who has to be here, I am glad that there is a support system in place of people who get it. 

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome to the board.  Best of luck to you.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome and Best Of Luck in your journey.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and best of luck! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Options
    EmAreEmAre member
    Hi and welcome!

Our stories are very similar. My daughter is 3 and has a genetic disorder. We have also decided that we likely won't proceed with any interventions if we can't conceive on our own. But that was a bitter pill to swallow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"