Parenting
Options

Fear of reptiles/bugs/rodents

If you're afraid of reptiles, bugs, or rodents, can you say why?

I'm not going to lie, I do side eye people are are afraid of many reptiles and rodents, but that's partly because I'll hear horrible stories from some people who hate reptiles about the ways they've killed poor snakes that've crossed their paths.

If you're afraid of them, where do you live? Do you spend much time outside?

image image

Re: Fear of reptiles/bugs/rodents

• Options

I have a major snake phobia, or anything that moves like a snake (eels, worms - though they don't bother me much and are easy to ignore).  It's so bad that I can't even see one move on tv, a book, a magazine, etc. 

I can't tell you w

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Im afraid of rats because I used to have nightmares about rats with rabies and glowing red eyes chasing me and giving all my pets rabies. They were HUGE rats so now when I see normal rats they dont bother me too much but I definitely dont want to be ar

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Reptiles and rodents have never bothered me. I've had pet rats/mice. We've gotten snakes in our yard before and have caught them to observe and take pics of and then let go.

Most bugs haven't bothered me other than than spiders. I'm in the Midw

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I have a super major snake phobia.  I've been terrified of them all my life.  I can't even see them on TV.  I used to have panic attacks in elementary school when the nature people would bring the snakes in for assemblies.

It got w

The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Options

I am TERRIFIED of roaches.  Not the little ones but the big ones we have in the south!  AKA, "Palmetto Bugs". No, they are big cockroaches.

If I spot one in our house I will sleep with the lights on and wear ear plugs. I hate them.<

• Options
    imagespeer06:
    Would I ever kill one that crosses my path? Also, no. I was bitten by a copperhead too. I don't understand why people hav

image image
  • Options

Rodents I don't mind at all.  Reptiles aren't my thing, but I'm not afraid of them. 

I am terrified of bugs and spiders.   I can't explain it.  It is irrational.  I have no idea where it comes from.  But, I have a v

• Options
    Reptiles and rodents don't bother me at all. Cockroaches freak me out big time and worms completely gross me out. That is because I stepped on one once when I was barefoot.

Birds, especially seagulls, are my irrational fear.

image image
  • Options
    We don't really have snakes where I live and the only rodents are small field mice and, rarely, muskrats. They say there aren't any rats in Alberta. So rodents and snakes don't bug me, though I don't really want to just hang out with them.
    Bugs in
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    imagespeer06:

imageRondackHiker:<

image image
  • Options

I don't really know why they terrify me, they just do. Spiders are the worst for me.  I just can't handle them. Other bugs don't bother me as much.  Snakes scare me, but I have never really come in contact with them (knock on wood) so

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageaforst:
    I don't really know why they terrify me, they just do. Spiders are the worst for me.nbsp; I just can't handle them. Other b

image image
  • Options
    I am beyond terrified of snakes. I literally hyperventilate at the sight of a snake on our property. I will admit that I get angry if I find out that someone sees a snake on our property and doesn't kill it. If have had two dogs bit, one by a copperhead a
  • Options
    imageGlitter Pop:
    I am beyond terrified of snakes. I literally hyperventilate at the sight of a snake on our property. I will admit that

image image
  • Options
    imagektshoff:

I am TERRIFIED of roaches.  Not the little ones but the big ones we have in the south!  AKA, "Palmetto Bug

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am afraid of snakes. I was scared of them as a child and my mom tried to break my fear by letting me open a shoe box with one inside. It bit me. That totally worked. :eyeroll: I hate her sometimes.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    I just UGH.  I just can't deal.  I can't I cant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSpooko:
    Not afraid of reptiles. I don't want them in my house, but we're cool otherwise. Rodents are nasty, dirty creatures that le

image image
  • Options
    imageRondackHiker:
    imageGlitter Pop:
  • Options
    imageSpooko:

imageRondackHiker:</

image image
  • Options
    I hate mice.  It doesnt matter if they are alive or dead, just don't like them.  I will jump and scream at a dead one just as much as a live one. Not sure why, I did grow up on a farm in the midwest and I know that my parents would punish u
  • Options

I don't really have a fear of snakes, it's the element of surprise that gets to me. I wouldn't be bothered by a garden snake or even a black rat snake. A copperhead, though, will get killed if it's on my property. All spiders, centipedes or rodents in

• Options
    I am so scared of all things with more than 4 legs, I couldn't even get close enough to kill them. I'm not scared of the "cute" bugs, like ladybugs and firefly, but roaches, centipedes, etc, no just no. I am petrified of spiders, but also strangely obsess
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm afraid of bees. I'm not even sure why. The thought that they just buzz around and can sting you any time really scares me.
  • Options
    Bees and spiders only. I think snakes are pretty cool and would love one as a pet! I am very afraid of spiders and bees bc I am scared of gettin bitten or stung. In fact a bee flew on dd this past summer and I screamed and jumped around. MOTY right here.
  • Options

I have zero problem with reptiles and rodents (I've had a snake, a gecko, and rats as pets), but I have a serious bug phobia.  As in, I'll go around to the back door if there are moths at the front door.   <

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"