Multiples

taking the twins out of daycare..

well we tried and failed.  Paying 500 a week in daycare has put us in the poor house.  I work from home wed- fri and DH is off Mon and Tues.  I am beyond stressed..
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: taking the twins out of daycare..

• I hear ya! We pay $450/week for our 3... I chose the wrong profession! Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow! That is expensive!
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear you! We are paying twice our mortgage in child care each month at 470 per week and I am not sure how long we can keep it up. I work from home but have to leave sometimes for meetings that pop up with my clients so keeping the boys at home isn't a
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • yea.  My boss is being really nice and not asking me to travel.  If I get a gig where I have to be out of town or go into the office.  I don't know what I will do.  Both of our bosses have been really nice when we need time off for one
  • imageLadynikon:
    yea.  My boss is being really nice and not asking me to travel.  If I get a gig where I have to be out of
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also feeling you. I just got a great job offer for the fall that is great for my career and resume and I want to take it. Its only part-time, but still, for two days of work I'll essentially be handing the whole pay check right back to daycare.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Good luck! I hope it works out for you. It's great that your boss is being nice about it but I'm sure it will be difficult to work from home with twins. Maybe you can find someone to come in your house for a few hours a day while you are there, even a col

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• You're right - it is so stressful.  We pay almost as much as our mortgage payment each month.  I'm looking forward to when it goes down a bit.  It's nice that both of your employers are understanding.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's awesome about your boss.  My job is highly flexible but with my position comes certain things that warrant an almost immediate crisis visit to resolve the issue, remain within the terms of our contract etc.  I am actually looking for a

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image2moms2b:

Part time for an infant around here doesn't happen and you still pay full price.  They refuse to tie up 2 slots

• That's nuts. Standard childcare rates for our city would cost us $550/week for our twins and my 6yr old together, and we pay our SAHM provider about half that (and, on our lower-working-class income that's already breaking the bank for us - we're currentl
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Could you find an in home pt nanny. We have one we love and she's a lot more affordable than DC.
    D & R were born at 37w5d.

• imageRynleigh:

There is no way in hell I'd pay $500/week for daycare for two children. 

Sorry

• Well in NJ its close to $3K for the twins for daycare- just the twins. It's insane!
  • It'll be $640/week for us! And, that is cheap since it is outside of Seattle. I would love a daycare close to work in downtown Seattle, but they are so expensive. We are trying to plan ahead but it is going to hurt the bank for sure. 
  • I work from home and there is no way I would be able to do it and take care of the twins without sitting them in front of the TV all day. In an 8 hour day, I would maybe get 3 hours of work done while they napped. I'd have to get up before they did and

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"