February 2012 Moms
Options

My 4 Easters...which led to the melt downs of melt downs!

Well in short I am the product of divorced parents whose father does not talk to his parents which I am very close to...awesome! So Easter for H, DS and I was over Saturday and Sunday between 4 different houses. By Sunday at noon DS had enough. He did not have a morning nap which typically he still gets an AM and PM nap and I think that is what started the whole meltdown. I attempted to sit down with him and snuggle up to take a nap when he started getting fussy and he wanted no parts. I then attempted to take him into a spare bedroom at my Mom's to get some peace since for the last 24 hours he had nothing but people in his face in confined spaces and that is when his melt down hit another level. He lost complete control of himself! It was the most terrifying moment for me as mother yet. He was breathing so heavy, his cry turned into an uncontrollable yelling/crying, he was so sweaty and flush, he began twitching to one side it was completely unreal. You would of thought there was an exorcisim going on! This went on for just about an hour...terrifying! I was thisclose to calling 911 since DH agreed that this was not normal and far from being OK. Thankfully my mother's, boyfriend's daughter is a nurse and has a lot of pediatric experience and looked him over and determined he was truly having a meltdown from being over stimulated. We wrapped him tightly in a swaddle and took him outside. After about 10 minutes we got him soothed. IT WAS SO SCARY. We took a break before heading to dinner at my in-laws and DS slept for 3 hours. Gosh I wish this type of melt down on NO parent!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My 4 Easters...which led to the melt downs of melt downs!

• Options
    Poor guy...and poor mommy!  That sucks that you have to do FOUR different houses for a holiday.  Hopefully it gets easier as he gets bigger...or you don't have to do it every time!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    How terrifying... I'm so sorry!  I refuse to take DD to two different places on the same holiday day for fear of this same thing.  Hope you don't have to do this again until he's older! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow, poor little guy!  I hate the whole parent/step parent/SO parent fiascos!  Luckily, for us, that kind of "going" only happens at Christmas.  Hopefully you all can have a "down" day today to recover.

• Options
    That sounds horrific! I'm so sorry you had to experience that. That poor little guy...
  • Options

imageCotterpinDoozer:
    How terrifying... I'm so sorry!  I refuse to take DD to two different places on the same holiday day for

• Options
    That's scary, I'm glad he's okay now.  We always feared something like this would happen if we pushed Skyler too much on a holiday too.  So I will use your experience as a lesson for me as well.  Sometimes Mommy's have to say no to protect
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageStarbuck128:
    OMG. That sounds so scary. The poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better today. I guess I didn't know what a fu

• Options

imagessimon621:
    That's scary, I'm glad he's okay now.  We always feared something like this would happen if we pushed Skyler t

• Options
    Poor kid! I'm so sorry you had to go through that.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to deal with that! Sometimes there can be too much fun during a holiday.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow no words other than hugs for you and your ds, I can't imagine what he was feeling and you either.
  • Options
    Wow poor guy! I'm sorry this happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"