Breastfeeding
Options

6 Months!!

I have to keep this short and sweet since I'm at work, but I always love reading these so I have to share.

We have officially made it to six months EBF'ing on evenings and weekends and pumping/giving expressed milk bottles for daycare!!! 

I'm so proud of us for sticking with it.  Like everyone, it seems anyway, we had issues with latch and oversupply in the beginning and I honestly thought we'd be lucky to make it to 3 months. 

LO was 17lbs 3oz at our BF support group last week, up from 8lbs 3 oz at birth.  All from my milk.  Yay for chunky babes! We just started solids this weekend, and so far it's going well. I'm hoping he doesn't like it too well because I'm actually starting to enjoy BF'ing rather than just surviving it.  New moms, this part is totally worth the wait/suffering through those early weeks for. 

Anyways, wanted to give a shout out to TeresaT, *AmyG*, TJ1979, and all the other moms who've been on here giving great advice over the last six months. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I don't know how many times I turned to this board for support, just to lurk and know that there are other moms going through what I was, and lately to be able to give some advice of my own. I'm so grateful.

Happy 6 month B-Day Grady!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

Re: 6 Months!!

• Options
    Way to go mama! And I agree the ladies on this board do give great advice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay!!  We'll officially be at 4 months tomorrow and I can't wait to reach the 6 month milestone.  Good job mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aww Embarrassed thanks.  Glad I could help.  I had such a rough start, and this board saved me, so I try to give back.

And congrats!  6 months is a huge

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrats!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!  Way to make 6 months!!
    Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"